Integrate eSPACE with Arena
IMPORTANT: This integration procedure is for Arena Premium customers. For Arena Select clients, please contact Shelby Systems for assistance. NOTE: One must have the access necessary to create an Agent on the Arena server as well as add/change module and page settings in the Arena application. If you are unfamiliar with these processes, refer these instructions to your Arena administrator or contact Shelby Systems support for assistance.
WARNING: This procedure alters module and page settings in the Arena application, and should be carried out by an experienced Arena administrator. Making incorrect changes to the administrative pages of Arena can cause a loss of functionality and/or data. Proceed at your own risk or contact Shelby Systems for assistance.
- Add the Resource Manager Setup module: UserControls/Resource/ResourceManagerSetup.ascx
- Add a page under Administration called Facilities Management Setup, and add the Resource Manager Setup module to that page.
- Browse to the Facilities Management Setup page and enter the following details: (Items in Red must be entered exactly as shown.)
a. Resource Name: Any name you like (suggested: eSPACE Resource). Note: This will be how the resource summary tab is identified in the Event settings.
b. Assembly: Arena.Framework
c. Class Name: Arena.Resource.MinistEspaceEventResource
d. API Key: External Integration Key generated by eSPACE. (Can be located in eSPACE under Settings > Advanced > General > API Settings.)
e. Redirect URL: https://app.eSPACE.cool/
2. Locate any instances of the Event Profile Detail module. (Typically located on the Event Tag main page, but all pages containing this module can be found under Administration > Modules. Click the Pages link for the Event Profile Detail module: UserControls/Event/EventProfileDetail.ascx)
3. Edit the module settings for the Event Profile Detail module on each instance.
4. Locate the Event Resource module setting and select the name of the resource entered in step 3.a. above.
5. Once the settings are updated/saved, Refresh Cache
6. On the Arena application server, add the ArenaUpdateResourcedEvents agent to the Agent Configuration. (Remember to Stop/Start the agent once all configuration information is entered and saved.)
Arena Event Tags and eSPACE Integration
Create a new event in Arena after creating an event in eSPACE and gaining approval.
Enter the details of the event. Click the “Resourced?” check box when you want to link it to the approved event in eSPACE.
Click the search tool to bring up a list of approved events from eSPACE.
Select the event you want to link.
Once linked, the event will show on the event tag and the Start and End date and time will be filled in from eSPACE and will NOT be available to change in Arena.
A new tab will appear with the detailed event information from eSPACE.
https://app.espace.cool – URL needed for Shelby clients.
Article is closed for comments.