Create, Edit and more with Event Categories and Sub-Categories
What if you have a ministry or department that is under another ministry or department? With Sub-Categories, you can create a parent Event Category (like Adult Ministry) that has Sub-Categories (like Men's Ministry, Women's Ministry, etc.).
Go to the left navigation bar>Settings>Advanced>Event Categories
From the Category Management page, you can do the following:
- Add New Category |
- Drag & Drop Categories |
- Delete a Category |
- Edit a Category |
- Add a Child Category |
- Expand to show existing Child Categories |
- Export to Excel |
Add New Category
- Enter a Category Name (like "Church Administration" or "Student Ministry")
- Add the Category Color (used primarily with Calendar Labels)
- Add the Category Text Color (used primarily with Calendar Labels)
- If it is a Public Category, then mark Is Public
- Click Save
Drag & Drop Categories
You can use the Drag and Drop feature on the Event Category page to rearrange the hierarchy of the event categories.
- For anyone integrating eSPACE Event Scheduler with another calendar software, this is NOT recommended, since that information should only be syncing to Event Schedule from that other calendar software.
Delete a Category
After clicking the , the following warning will appear:
Edit a Category
Click Edit button (see below), then change your existing Event Category the same as Add New Category
Add a Child Category
Click Add Child button (see below), then enter your Child Category, but make sure to give it a unique name.
You will see the following warning if you attempt to create a Child (i.e. Sub-Category) with the exact same name:
Expand to show existing Child Categories
Export to Excel
Click Export to Excel and a new Excel file of your Event Categories will be available
Go to Add Event or Quick Event Create, and Categories appear in a tree view
Go to the internal Calendar, and Categories appear in a tree view
The Public Calendar appears similarly