This feature allows you to automatically show your approved eSPACE events on your Google Calendar(s) by using API calls instead of an .isc feed! This allows people who do not have an eSPACE account to see the events just like they would by viewing the calendar on your website!
- This is a one-way integration that syncs every 15 minutes.
- Currently, this integration does not include spaces. However, exporting events to Google through an .ics feed does: Export Your eSPACE Events to Google, Outlook or Apple!
- This integration does include the event name, location, event category, and number of people.
Setting Up the Integration
- Go to the left navigation bar > Settings > Other > Integrations > Google Calendar.
- Once there, click Link Google Calendar.
- You will then be taken to Sign-in and Link your Google Account.
NOTE: This feature is at the Organizational level so only link a Google Account you want others to have access to use (probably not a personal one).
- After selecting your Google Account, you will be prompted to Allow the following permissions from eSPACE:
- View and Edit events on all your Calendars
- See and Download and Calendar you can Access using your Google Calendar
- You will now see your Google Account credentials in eSPACE!
- Now, you can navigate over to your Google Calendar and choose to Add other calendars.
- You can also do this by going to Settings (cog icon) and choosing Add calendar>Create new calendar.
- Now you can provide/do the following for this new calendar:
- Create calendar
- Now back in eSPACE, once you click Refresh Calendar List, you will see your newly created calendar and you can click Edit.
- At this point, you can choose which Event Categories to send from eSPACE to your Google Calendar and then, click Save.
- Now, when you have "approved" or "approved w/conflicts" events booked in eSPACE for those Event Categories. . .
. . .you will see them on your Google Calendar (takes approximately 15 minutes).
IMPORTANT NOTE: The API runs approximately every 15 minutes and syncs for the next 90 days and our job that runs nightly syncs for the next year.
- When you click on the event, the details for the approved event appear: event category, number of people, virtual link (if the event is set to be virtual on the main Detail tab)!
- If you delete or cancel an eSPACE event, it will no longer be displayed within your Google calendar.
Example of a onsite event:
Example of a virtual event:
NOTE: Access to the Google Calendar is handled outside of eSPACE. Please use Google HELP for guidance regarding how to provide other users access to this calendar. Again this is a one-way sync so your approved eSPACE events can show on your Google Calendar. We do not have a formalized partnership with Google developers that allows us to do a reverse sync.