Admins can create PM's and sub-admins can if they have been given permission to under their user permissions.
When choosing an ongoing frequency for Maintenance [PM], options appear as follows:
- The first option is selected by default.
- This option simply provides for subsequent Work Orders to recur regardless of whether the previous Work Order is completed
- The second option is a bit more complicated and results in two additional options once you select it
- This option provides for the scenario when the previous Work Order has not been completed by the Requested Completion Date (i.e. if Daily, then the following date)
- Notice that the 2nd additional option (selected by default) provides for subsequent Work Orders to be generated after each previous Work Order's Requested Completion Date (again, if Daily, then the following date after the Requested Completion Date)
- However, the 1st additional option (when selected) provides for subsequent Work Orders to be generated (only after the previous Work Order is completed) according to the Frequency selected (i.e. every day, every week, every month, etc.)
When a Work Order is Generated for a PM
Based on the options chosen above the PM will generate a work order on the day that it is due. If you would like the work order to be generated before the due date then make sure to enter a date for "Generate Work Order X Days prior to Requested Completion Date".
- Keep in mind that only generated work orders will appear on the calendar in Work Order & Asset Management.
- However, any changes to the PM will only be reflected in work order that have not yet been generated by the PM. Therefore, it's not recommended to have work order generated too far out in advance.