You can add a clickable link in the Description field of an Event.
- Admins can do this for any event.
- Users and sub-admins can do this for events that they are the owner or editor of.
- This is separate & different from adding a link to the Public section on the main Details tab of an event. Only the link entered in the Public Links field will appear on the public calendar.
When entering an Event, simply enter a web link into the Description field
- You can add text inside of a bracket "[typed text]" right before typing the web address inside of parentheses "(https://www.smartchurchsolutions.com/)" like below. However, it is not necessary for the link to become clickable. You can just add the web address by itself.
Once you click Save and Proceed, you will see your clickable link to the right of the Description field
Click on it! A new page will appear displaying your web address.
You will also see the clickable link on the Event Summary page
And when you click Event Setup Report on the Setup tab
You will also see the clickable link on the internal Calendar views in eSPACE when using the Hover feature.
- However, because that window disappears as soon as you move your mouse, you are unable to click it.
- Again, if you need a link that will display on your external public calendar, make sure to enter one in the Public Links field on the main Details tab of an event after toggling on "Public?". The description field on the Details tab of an event is only an internal description and so only eSPACE users will be able to see that one.