When setting up your account within Work Order Management, it is important to understand the difference between a work order request and scheduled preventive maintenance.
These are corrective maintenance requests that happen as things break or maintenance issues are discovered by you and your staff and thus need to be reported. Work orders are created to address the issue so that it can be corrected. These can be added a number of ways, but are most commonly added by eSPACE when they click on the Add Work Order at the top right-hand side of their eSPACE- Work Order and Asset Management account.
Work order requests may be requested when:
- Things break or wear out and needs to be fixed (HVAC is not cooling)
- Something needs to be cleaned up (spill or leak)
- Something fails or is not working as intended (light bulb burns out)
Here is an article link that will be helpful with adding a work order:
This is a proactive approach to work that needs to be done instead of a reactive approach! It is looking into the future and making "intentional plans for addressing maintenance" that will extend the life of your equipment and facilities. These can be added under Maintenance [PM] > Add Maintenance [PM] on the left side menu bar of their eSPACE- Work Order and Asset Management account.
Preventive maintenance (PM's) should be added:
- On a regularly scheduled frequency
- For a piece of equipment (early rather than later) to lessen the likelihood of it failing (HVAC equipment and other large equipment with a lot of moving parts)
- For lubrication and filter changes
Here is an article link that will be helpful with adding a Preventive Maintenance (PM):