With Asset Pro added to your Work Order & Asset Management module, you have the ability to print barcodes for your equipment and inventory! Once printed and attached to the equipment or inventory item, you can quickly scan the barcode to search for equipment or inventory items that have already been added within your organization OR add them as new item.
- Learn more with this Knowledge Base article: Asset Pro: Barcode Scanning Using the Mobile App
Here are a couple of things to know before you get started.
- When choosing to print your barcodes, eSPACE will generate a PDF of the labels you’ve specified.
- Print your PDF using Avery® PermaTrack™ White Asset Tag Labels, 3/4" x 2", 240 Labels (61526)
The layout of the data on the barcode (see image below) will print as follows:
- Barcode, center justified, on the top half of the label
- Unique ID, center justified, under the barcode
- “Name” of the asset, in the same font as the Unique ID, center justified, under the barcode. If printing an unassigned barcode, this field is blank
Printing Barcodes for Equipment
On the Equipment pages, there is the option to “Print Barcodes”.
When the "Print Barcodes" button is selected:
- There is the option to edit the "Position Start". The default position is Position 1 (upper left corner) as this where your first label will print on your label sheet. You can choose 1 - 30.
- You will see a list of your assets in your account that already have an Identifier number (barcode) given
- The assets are those that match your search/filter criteria on the equipment page (as long as they have an identifier number)
- To omit any assets for which you do not want to print barcodes, simply return to the equipment page to adjust, or use the checkboxes.
- You can then choose the button "Download PDF of Labels" to download your labels.
Clicking the "Download PDF of Labels" button will generate a PDF with your barcodes that will automatically fit the label sheet. You will have the option to save it to a file on your computer or print the labels. When you print the labels you can stick the barcode label to the appropriate asset.
Printing Barcodes for Inventory Items
Printing barcodes for Inventory Items is the same process as printing barcodes for equipment, except you will need to go to the “Inventory Items” grid (Settings>Advanced>Inventory>Inventory Items).