Once INFOSPACE is added to your eSPACE subscription, you have several options to choose from to display on your TV’s, tablets, iPads…
If you want one that allows people inside the building to be able to add last min events directly into eSPACE from the display, then choose Room Signage Scheduler as your display type when you are adding/creating a new display in INFOSPACE (sub-module inside of FACILITeSPACE).
How to set up a Schedulable Display Option
- In your eSPACE account click on “My Modules” at the top right-hand side and select FACILITeSPACE from the drop-down menu
- Inside of FACILITeSPACE, click on Digital Signage and choose Display from the expanded menu options
- Select “Add New Display” on the far right-hand side
- Choose “Room Signage Scheduler” from the options under Display Type
- Add all the details and customization that you want
- Display Name
- Clock (show or hide)
- Layout (Text, Font, Background, Color, space around text, custom background etc.)
- Hide space info or not
- Filter by Locations (campuses in eSPACE) and/or event Categories
- Allow Quick Event Create or not to the display
- In order to allow people to walk up to the display and schedule last minute events, this setting MUST be turned on
*The time range for the display will default to “today” and can not be changed.
Allowing Quick Event Create
Since the purpose of this display option is to allow people inside the building be able to reserve spaces for last-minute events right on the tablet or iPad, turning this setting on will allow people to do just that.
- If this setting is not turned on for this display option then people will ONLY be able to view the calendar of the day for a space (the space you selected).
Additionally with this setting turned on you can:
Allow creator of quick events to specify a meeting name
Set a back ground color for last minute added events
Set a font color for last minute added events
Auto assign last minute created events to be assigned to a specific event category
- Once you have all the settings that are available set the way that you want, click save and then click “Launch” to see a preview of your display.The preview will open another window in your browser so you can see the display. When the page loads, you can click “Reserve Space” and test adding a last minute event.
- If you don’t need to adjust any display settings, then you can use the URL generated by eSPACE to put into your display device so that your tablet or iPad (touch screen device) shows the display you just create.