This feature allows Admins to add combinations of Spaces, Resources and Services under one group (i.e., default setting) to ease the set up of events that utilize the same components on a regular basis (i.e. weddings, classes, meetings, etc.).
Creating an Item Group
To get started with adding an item group, go to Settings > Advanced > Item Groups and follow the instructions below.
- Add the Group Name
- Select if you want the Group to be Public and SAVE.
- If the Item Group is set to be public, then only spaces, resources and services that are also set as public will be available to add to the item group.
- If you select to make the Group public, the item groupings will also be displayed within the custom Event Request Form so that the requester can quickly select the item grouping: External Event Request Forms: Allow Non-eSPACE People to Request an Event
- An Admin can make an item public by going to Settings>Basic>Spaces, Resources, or Services, then edit the desired item...
- ...expand the Public Options and enablin the following. Click SAVE before leaving the page.
- Once you name your Item group and save, the next page will allow you to choose what spaces, resources and services you want to add (depending again if your item group is public or not and what items are public or not).
- Finally, click Add Items to add the selected item to the item group.
Adding an Item Group to an Event
Now, when you add an event, simply complete the Event Details page of the event, choose SAVE and PROCEED.
- To learn more: How to Add an Event - Master Guide
Once you get to the Items tab and select Spaces (as shown below), you will have the option to choose a desired Group name from the drop-down menu and all of your items associated to it will be pre-populated for you.
You can always add or delete any items that you may need for the event. Once you have finished, then continue through event creation process and submit for approval.
Admins can continue to add or edit Item Groups without it negatively affecting events.