Admins have the ability to add Closures for reasons such as:
- Inclement weather
- Work being done
- Canceling a large number of events in bulk
NOTE: Closures are for a particular instance and time frame. Admins have the ability to close down a facility as a whole, by location and even by item (Space, Resource, Service). They also have the ability to override closures!
Adding a New Closure
- Go to Settings>Advanced>Availability>Closures, then select “Add New Closure”.
- Add name of closure and description….
- If the closure is for one or multiple locations, be sure to include a calendar label.
- Next, add the closure date and select if you want it to be an all day closure or start and end at a specific time. You can also make the closure with recurrence rules (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, custom).
- Continue on and select if you want the closure to be “location specific”.
NOTE: If you select this, you will be able to select your desired location(s).
- If your closure is “item specific” (for spaces, resources, or services), then be sure to select this.
NOTE: If you select this, you will be able to view and make your desired selections.
- Once you have finished completing the form, be sure to SAVE!
Selecting Affected Events and Override
Once that you have completed the form, all affected event occurrences will be displayed. You can choose the Select All button or only select a few of the events that you want to cancel, then select Cancel Selected Occurrences.
When you do that, another window will pop up with the reason for the closure. Also, if you have the setting called, A recurring event must be re-submitted if an occurrence is deleted/canceled within Settings>Advanced>General>Event Creation, you can choose to un-check the box, shown below, to override the setting, then SAVE. This will prevent the Admin, event owner or event editor from having to go back to their dashboard and resubmit ALL of the events that are being canceled, especially if you have an emergency where lots of events are affected.
Adding an Item(s) During a Closure
If you try to schedule an event and reserve spaces when you have a closure (for item or location(s)), users will NOT be able to add any items. There is a red icon indicating the item(s) cannot be selected or reserved.
Calendar Closures Reflected on Calendars
Here is an example for a closure, due to a Holiday, that is represented on my internal and public calendars.