Under Settings > Advanced > General > Work Order Creation admins have several settings to help customize how they want their account to work for all users with regard to submitting and approving work orders. Read the descriptions below each to help decide which ones you need for your organization!
- See additional settings to modify for work orders and their approval flow:
- Other best-related articles:
- Add Custom User-Defined Fields to Work Order Requests & Equipment Pages
- Creating Routing Rules to Auto Assigned a Work Order
Require a SPACE when creating a WO
- Enabling this setting will require all users to select a space when a work order is created, after a location is selected.
Allow Portal Users To Add Comments
- This setting allows portal users (non-admins/sub-admins/regular users) in Work Order & Asset Management to add comments within a work order that they request when they click on "My Module" and select Work Order Portal to enter in a work order.
Expose Departments on Work Order Create Form
- If enabled, all of your departments will be exposed on the work order request form, including portal users. However, when you do this, your service categories will filter based on the department selected.
Warn users when reserving Parent Space if they wish to reserve all child spaces
- If selected, a warning message will be displayed, if a user selects a parent space with child spaces.
Automatically Set Requested Completion date to [XX] days in the future upon Work Order creation
- When this setting is enabled and number of days has been set, all requested work orders will automatically show a requested completion date, based on the future number of days selected. Here is an article that will be helpful with this.
Default Require Approval after Completion for Work Orders
- When this setting is enabled, all new work orders will automatically require approval by an Admin or Sub-Admin (based on user permissions) after the work has been marked as completed. Also, within the work order request, the following will be automatically selected.
- If not enabled, then when a user marks the work as complete, the work order will automatically be set to the "closed" status and not appear in the "All Completed Work To Be Reviewed" grid on the admins or sub-admins dashboard. The only exception is work orders that are generated by PM's.
Show General Comments On WO Request Forms
- When this setting is enabled users will see a section on work orders, separate from the description field, that allows them to add more information when submitting a work order.