By adding SPACES to your account you can allow users to submit work order requests for spaces AND identify where a piece of equipment is located by location and space. This is very helpful if you have multiple pieces of the same equipment types (toilets, sinks, etc.) housed in different locations and spaces.
- All spaces must be tied/assigned to a location in your Work Order & Asset Management account, even if you only have one location.
- After users choose a location on the work order request, they will then see all the spaces assigned to that location as options (assuming admins allow spaces to be shown & chosen on work orders which is a setting under Settings>Advanced>General>Display Features).
- Adding Work Order & Asset Management to your eSPACE account LATER: If you signed up for the Event Scheduler, prior to signing up for Work Order Management, your spaces will be pre-populated for you in Work Order & Asset Management.
- Related articles: Spaces Navigation | Work Order & Asset Management
- Space Properties | Track & Manage Space Attributes to Make Upkeep Easier
How to Add a New Space
To add a new space to Work Order & Asset Management, go to Settings > Basic> Spaces and select "Add New Space".
Then, complete the following form and SAVE.
Organizing Spaces into a Hierarchy
When adding new spaces, you can start building a “hierarchical tree”. For example "Building A" and then add “children” (sub-spaces) to the hierarchical tree, such as the floors, or rooms in that building. When referring to a hierarchical tree, a “parent” is considered the top node and the “child” is the item under/within the “parent”.
To add a new space as a "child" or sub-space of another, hover over the intended "parent" space click on the three dots and then select "Add Child Space".
Drag & Drop Spaces
To rearrange existing spaces into a hierarchy, use the Drag and Drop Spaces feature. Once you select Drag and Drop Spaces from the drop-down menu at the top right, click & hold a space then hover over the intended "parent" and release. Your changes will automatically be saved.
You can also use the Drag and Drop Spaces feature to simply rearrange the order of the spaces in how they appear on work orders.
If you are unhappy with the new order, simply select the orange "Reset Spaces Ordering" button at the bottom of your screen.
The new order will be automatically saved! You can select the blue "Back to Spaces" button to see the new order of your items.
For Customers with Work Order & Asset Management AND Event Scheduler:
Once you add the new space on the work order side of eSPACE, it will be added on the Event Scheduler side (if you are a bundled client). However, the space cannot be scheduled on the Event Scheduler side unless an Event Scheduler Admin edits the space within Settings > Basic > Spaces, allowing it to be scheduled.
- If the space is a closet or other space where it does not need to be scheduled on an event, then make sure that space has "Can be Scheduled" turned off. This will allow the space to show on the work order side so people can add work orders for it, but NOT allow people to schedule or see it on event requests in Event Scheduler.
The screen below is from Event Scheduler under Settings > Basic > Spaces and shows where the setting for "Can Be Scheduled" is.
- These settings (Can Be Scheduled? and Requires Approval?) are not applicable whenever an Item becomes a Parent because it then has children and therefore cannot be scheduled.