What thermostats are compatible with eSPACE?
- The two thermostat companies that we have an API integration with are Pelican Wireless (preferred) and EnTOUCH. By adding COOLSPACE to your eSPACE subscription your approved events can automatically schedule the Pelican Wireless and/or EnTOUCH thermostats on your campus(es).
- If you have both thermostat types on your campus, you can use eSPACE to simultaneously push schedules to both.
What sort of energy savings do people see with COOLSPACE (HVAC integration with Event Scheduler)?
- Most of our customers will see between 10 and 20 percent energy savings within the first few months.
How easy are the thermostats to install?
- Both thermostats usually take less than 5 minutes to install. Both require 24volt and common wires for power. Pelican Wireless is a mesh network of thermostats that connect back to a Pelican Gateway that is connected to your internet through an ethernet cable. EnTOUCH thermostats connect by WiFi.
- With Pelican Wireless you will get access to your own Pelican account online and be able to control 100% of the settings in the thermostats (and other Pelican controls for multizones units, chillers, boilers, FPB's, VAV's...) online in your admin account. You can easily add new users and give users different levels of access.
- With EnTOUCH you will have access to your thermostats through our shared COOLSPACE Portal that EnTOUCH has created for us. Their thermostats are also designed to work with commercial HVAC equipment. If you need to add additional users you can inside your account. If you need to move the account to be under a different admin, you will need to reach out to EnTOUCH for assistance.
What kind of support do you offer after the sale?
- Our team prides itself in prompt and detailed customer service. We have 2 levels of customer care that you can choose from: Billing :: Customer Care Plan Options
- Pelican Wireless Support:
- For questions about thermostat programming or troubleshooting connection issue, please reach out to Pelican Support Directly.
- EnTOUCH Support:
- For questions about the programming of the thermostats or troubleshooting connection issues, please reach out to EnTOUCH directly.
Can the Pelican and EnTOUCH thermostats control a boiler and chiller?
- Pelican Wireless: The Pelican Power Control Module (PM5-120/240 OR 277) is designed to control lights, exhaust fans, pumps, valves, and more - their wireless relay pack gives you the ability to enable and disable equipment right from your the Pelican web-app.
- If you have any questions about equipment compatibility, reach out to Pelican sales who can analyze your building controls and advise on the exact Pelican controls to purchase. 888-512-0490 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- EnTOUCH: The ET One is a “modulating” device that can be used with boilers, chillers, VAVs and other such devices.
- For any questions or concerns, reach out to EnTOUCH sales to verify compatibility. email@example.com 1-877-755-1609
What happens when WiFi/Internet goes down in our building?
- No worries!
- Pelican Wireless: COOLSPACE integration pushes the next 35 events every 15 mins, so even with a loss of internet the thermostats will continue to run their schedules for the next few days. As long as the thermostats have power, people in the space will be able to bump the temperature up or down. Once internet is re-established, the Gateway and thermostats will come back online and be able to receive schedules from eSPACE again.
- EnTOUCH: While these thermostats communicate to the portal and eSPACE via WiFi, they will continue to function as a manual/programmable device if the connectivity is interrupted. Once WiFi is re-established, the thermostats will come back online and be able to receive schedules from eSPACE again.
Do these thermostats offer multiple stages of heating and cooling?
- Absolutely! Unlike many “residential” grade WiFi stats or programmable devices, Pelican Wireless and EnTouch thermostats can accommodate virtually any configuration of heating and cooling stages.
How can these thermostats make my HVAC equipment last longer?
- Because your HVAC units will run less frequently with proper scheduling through the eSPACE Event Scheduler, there is less wear and tear on the equipment. In turn, this can extend the life of your units.
Do you offer a warranty?
- Pelican Wireless's hardware and software warranty is 5 years. To confirm a warranty issue and get a replacement, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-512-0490.
- EnTouch's hardware and software comes with a 3-year limited warranty. To confirm a warrenty issue and get a replacement, reach out to email@example.com or call 1-877-755-1609.
Smart Church Solutions Help
For help with programming your eSPACE account for COOLSPACE integrations or answering questions about how the integration works reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have Customer Care Plus on your subscription you can also call and someone will either email or call you back. 1-888-448-5664