Admins have the ability to add custom "User-Defined Fields" to a work order requests OR equipment, based on one or multiple Service Categories.
- To get started, go to your sidebar and go to Settings>Advanced>User-Defined Fields.
- Then choose "Add New User Defined Field"
- Start adding your "user defined field" to a piece of equipment or work order request
Add Custom User-Defined Fields to Equipment
If you choose to add a user-defined field to equipment, simply add the name of the user-defined field, associate the service categories, toggle on "Is Active" and SAVE.
Once the user-defined field has been added to equipment, it will be displayed within the equipment form as shown below, based on the one or more service categories selected.
Add Custom User-Defined Fields to Work Order Requests
If you choose to add a user-defined field to a work order request, do the following:
- Add the name of your user defined field
- Associate one or more service categories
- Toggle on "Is Active" to see additional fields such as "Show on the Work Order Request Form" and "Is Required". Toggle on either or both of those sub-options if needed.
- If you toggle on "Show dropdow list", it will present the user with a dropdown list instead of a free form text box.
- Remember to click SAVE!
Within a work order request, this is what the user-defined field looks like, if not required.