Admins have the ability to add tasks to a “Task Library”.
- To access your library, go to “Settings > Advanced > Task Library”, located on the left sidebar of your dashboard.
- Click “Add New Task” to add a new task to your “Task Library”.
Please enter the following info:
- Description: This describes the task.
- Service Categories: If you only want this task to show up for certain Service Categories, click within the box and select from the dropdown, the desired service categories that you want to associate the task with.
- Select any “Group(s)” you want to associate this task with. A task group is a “group” of related tasks that can be assigned together.
- If you want to add an Estimated Work Time you can.
- You can also edit or delete any task from the Task Library.
Adding a Task from your Task Library to a Work Order
Now, once a new Work Order is submitted and/or assigned, you and other internal users that are associated with the work order may add one or multiple tasks from the Task Library to a work order!
- You can either find the work order on your Dashboard, expand it, switch to the Task tab and click "Add Task from Library" OR locate it on the Calendar and click into it then switch to the Task tab and then click "Add Task from Library".
- You can also choose to add/create a completely new task for the work order you are editing by clicking "Add New Task".
View When You Click into the Work Order
- On the Task tab, after you click "Add Task From library" pick any tasks that you want to add and click “Add to Work Order”.
- Then you can add a due date, assign it to a user, and put in an estimated work time (if needed).
Creating Task Groups
Creating a Task GROUP is useful if you want to “group” multiple tasks together on a Work Order or a Preventive Maintenance Schedule. To create a new “Task Group”, click “Settings-Advanced-Task Groups”.
To add a new “Task Group”, click “Add New Task Group” button.
- Name your new group
- Check the tasks you wish to add to the group and SAVE.
Adding a Task Group to a Work order
- To add a task group to a work order, you can either locate the work order on your Dashboard, expand it, switch to the Task tab and click the “Add Task from Library” button OR you can locate it on the Calendar, click into it and then navigate to the Task tab and click "Add Task from Library".
View from the Dashboard
- Then choose the “Task Library Groups” tab.
- Next, choose the group by clicking the “Add to Work Order” button for any group.
- You can also choose to add individual tasks from a group.
- After you add a Task Group group, next:
- Add Estimated Work Times for each task if needed
- Add a due date
- Assign the tasks to a user (if the tasks need to be assigned to you, then leave that field blank)
- Click Save when done
- If you wish to assign a task to a different user then you click open the task and choose another user from the drop down.
- A user will receive an email notification if they are assigned a task.
- They will also see a list of assigned tasks on their dashboard under their “My Assigned Tasks” grid. Once they have completed the task, they can mark it complete.