Read these Knowledge Base articles to learn more about this topic.
- Public Calendar Feature | Creating Multiple Calendars Based on Event Categories
- Public Calendar Feature | Modifying for your Website
- Public Calendar | By Event View
- Public Calendar Feature | Override Location & Spaces
Admins, you can easily CUSTOMIZE and EMBED your Public Calendar onto your website!
- Only fully approved events that are marked "Public" on the Details tab will appear on this Public Calendar by design.
Creating a Public Calendar
Go to Settings > Advanced > Public Calendar, as shown below.
This will bring you to a brand new "settings" page where you can customize many options around your Public Calendar. To get started, click "+Add New Public Calendar".
1. Basic Options
- The filter options can be used to generate a Public Calendar for a specific combination of Categories and/or Location
- The "Public Calendar" comes with a Request Event button by default. Check the box to hide it.
- The "Title Bar Label" will be used to show the name of the Public Calendar
2. Choose what Forms to include on your Public Calendar
- Read this Knowledge Base article to learn about public Event Request Forms: Custom Event Request Forms
3. Change Font and Color
- This section allows you to change the default "font" and colors of your Calendar.
4. Use Category Colors to Differentiate your Categories
5. Additional Filtering & Display Options
Choose "Allow Calendar Filtering" on your public calendar in order to let people viewing your calendar on your website filter by event category and location.Only Event Categories that are marked as public will be displayed on the Public Calendar. If you do not have a category showing up in the legend on the Public Calendar, then make sure it is set to be public under Settings > Advanced > Event Categories.
- This set of options allows you to decide which calendar views you want to show - (Month, Day, Agenda)
- An option to set your default calendar view (Month, Daily, Agenda).
- An option to show the LOCATION CODE on your events) OR show FULL LOCATION NAMES (if applicable.
- Show Subscribe to Calendar Button
- By checking "Show Event Details" you are allowing pop-ups with event details to be displayed on your public calendar. If you opt not to have pop-ups when clicking on an event, simply un-check the box and SAVE to hide them.
- Show Contact Details in Details Pop-up - by checking this, the public will see the contact details when they click on the event.
- Show Schedule Name in Lieu of Event Name - if you have different schedules within your event, the schedule name will show for the event occurrences that are associated with it.
- Read this Knowledge Base article to learn about Schedules on Events vs. Occurrences on Events: When to Add Occurrence vs. New Schedule?
- Show Canceled Event Occurrences on Public Calendar - if you want the public to see that an event or occurrence has been canceled, check this box.
- Show Spaces on Public Calendar and Pop-up Details - When selecting this box, the space(s) will show on the public calendar and within the pop-up details when you click on the event. If you have reserved several spaces for the event, but have selected a space override for the public event, the override space will be displayed only.
- End user view example
6. Testing your Calendar + EMBED code
- The final section is the ability to actually "test" your Calendar based on your options
- There is also an EMBED code that you can "copy" and "paste" into any of your pages on your own site. For assistance with this please contact your website manager.
Replacing Embed Code: Embed code MUST be copied and replaced on the host site anytime an update is made to service categories OR locations in your account.
7. Getting your Public Calednar on your website
- Copy the embed code and email it to whoever manages your website and let them know what page on the website you want it displayed.
8. Printing the Public Calendar
- Visit your Calendar from your Left Navigation Dashboard
- Choose the view you would like - Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Condensed/Agenda
- Filter Calendar
- Check "Only Public"
- Click Filter
- For the Two Week, Monthly and Condensed views click "Action" and choose "Print Calendar".
- For the Agenda View click the "Print Calendar" button.
NOTE: Due to how the events are displayed on the Daily and Weekly views, there is no print option for the Daily or Weekly Calendar views.