Event CATEGORIES are often defined as areas or departments within your organization, such as Staff Meeting, Community Outreach, Student Ministries, Space Rental, etc.
NOTE: This is an optional feature, although it is recommended for enhancing the reporting, internal calendar, public calendar, and search features. If you want to make Categories a required field, you can do so by going to Settings>Advanced>General>Event Creation and select the setting, as shown below.
To Add Categories:
- Go to Settings>Advanced>Event Categories
- Add Category Name, choose a category color code and text color (optional). Each event category will have a unique Category ID associated to it.
NOTE: If you would like your category to be included and filterable on your Public Calendar, place a check in the box, and Save. Repeat this process to continue adding categories.
- Delete a Category by clicking the red button associated with the Category and process accordingly.
- Edit a Category by clicking the green button associated with the Category.
- You will be able to see how many events have been assigned to each category, as events are created.
Can an event have more than one category?
Yes, you can associate multiple categories to an event, choosing those that best relate to your event!
Please sign in to leave a comment.