A Location is used to separate Events and User Permissions across physical locations. Different eSPACE subscription levels allow for a different number of locations to be added. Please see our website for current pricing.
User & Items
- Locations are the foundation of your eSPACE account. Once you add a location, then you can give different users access to that location, and assign items (space, resources and services) to the location so users with access to that location can quickly choose the right location and items for their event.
- On the internal calendar views users will be able to see events that have the same location(s) selected as their user permissions do. This helps regular users, sub-admins and admins only see events at their location. Users that have access to multiple or all locations can also filter the events on the calendar by 1 or more locations.
- Since locations are the foundation of your eSPACE account, we recommend that you do NOT delete any locations on your account until you talk to Customer Support: email@example.com
Creating a Hierarchy
- If you have a large number of locations, you can click & hold and drag one location to be a sub-location of another. To undo this, simply click & hold and drag the sub-location out from underneath the "parent" location.
Choosing Locations on an Event
- When creating events, at least ONE location is required to enter Events, unless locations are disabled.
- If you want to disable locations, check the following box and SAVE.
- It is NOT recommended to disable locations in Work Order & Asset Management, since work orders need a location.
- Read this Knowledge Base article to learn about: Location Conflicts
How to Add and Manage Locations
To Add/Edit new locations for your organization, navigate to Settings > Basic > Locations.
Based on your subscription level, to add a new location, simply click the blue "Add New Location", button.
A new window will open where you will add the "Location Name", "Loc Code" (desired abbreviation) and then SAVE.
- The Loc-Code will be used to show the locations on the Calendar and Dashboard.
Editing a Current Location
To edit a current location, simply click on the green edit button to the right of the location, make your changes and then SAVE!
Setting up Location Conflicts
If you have multiple locations for your organization and would like to show event conflicts across locations, go HERE.
- For example, let's say you have a women's event on a Saturday morning at the main campus; however, you have another women's event at the east campus during the same date and time. You may want to show location conflicts here so that an attendee doesn't have to choose between the two events that are scheduled.
Adding/Editing Location Permissions for Users
- Go to SETTINGS > BASIC > USERS, and click the green EDIT button to the right of the person's name. Now at the bottom of each user’s info you will see a "Location Permissions" section. Simply click on this to expand.
- Assign the location(s) permissions for the user here and SAVE.
Assigning Locations to items... SPACES/RESOURCES/SERVICES:
Now that you have locations assigned, you can assign all of your items (Spaces/Resources/Services) to their respective location. You can do this when adding a new item or by editing the item and then selecting the desired location.
- When you assign a location to an item, it can only be viewed and reserved by users that have user permissions for that location. If you do not assign a location to an item and you have multiple locations, the item can be viewed and reserved by all users for all locations (shared item among all locations).
Once assigned you will see the new LOC CODE prefix the actual name of the Space/Resource/Service on the treeviews.
Assigning Locations for Specific Events
Now when adding events – a user will be able to setup an event only for the locations he/she is assigned to.
Now, when a user is on the calendar -- only the events for the location(s) that the user has permissions to see will be visible. Also, each event name will be prefaced by the Location Code for easily identification.
Filtering by Locations on Calendar Views
You can filter by one or multiple locations on any of the calendar views in order to quickly find events happening at those locations.
Item Scheduler Calendar View (Spaces, Resources, Services)
The Item Scheduler Spaces (including Resources and Services) now groups/shows items by Location such as Spaces shown below.
Other Places Where You Can Filter by a Location
- Exporting Events
- Find a Space
- Generating a Public Calendar by Location
This tool is a tremendous asset to any organization as they manage their events across multiple locations.