Here is what happens after you create and submit an event for approval.
- Depending on your organization's account settings for conflicts, users and sub-admins may not be able to submit an event for approval until they resolve conflicts on the event such as canceling occurrences that conflict with Closures, adjusting resource quantities to avoid Resource Shortages, only choosing certain spaces when resources and/or services are restricted to certain spaces...
- Availability: Adding Closures
- Creating an Event with Inventoried Resources: Resource Shortages
- Space Restrictions - Restricting Resources or Services to Certain Spaces
This article talks only about the regular approval flow that happens after the event is pre-approved and before it is final approved.
- Pre-approval and final-approval are EXTRA layers that can be turned on for 1 admin or sub-admin who needs to pre-approve the whole event and final approval the whole event as a double-check before and after the sub-admins approve the different items on the event.
The event is now in pending status and in the event owner's "Pending Approval" grid on their dashboard.
The event shows on “Requires Administrative Approval” grid for Admins.
Approval Process with Sub-Admins (Approval Areas) As Well
- If you have also created Approval Areas with certain spaces and/or resources and/or services and then given different sub-admins access to those approval areas, then those sub-admins will see the event in their "Requires Sub-admin Approval" grid at the same time the event appears in the admin's “Requires Administrative Approval” grid.
- However, sub-admins will NOT see events on their dashboard when the events have no spaces, resources or services that are in their approval area.
- When you have admins AND sub-admins approving, the sub-Admins should approve their items first, then Admins can approve any items that do not have an approval area assigned.
- Admins can check to see if sub-admins have already approved their items on the event first by clicking on the clock icon to the right of the Items on the event when it's in their "Requires Administrative Approval" grid.
Approval Process Without Sub-admins
If you are NOT using Sub-Admins, and the item(s) on the event requires approval, an Admin will need to approve by clicking on "Approve" when the event is in their "Requires Administrative Approval" grid.
Once all items are approved, the event will move to an approved status and
show on the Admin and Sub-Admin “Upcoming Event - Next 30 Days”.
The event will also show on the event owner’s “My Approved Events” grid.