Event Registration Features:
- Event Registration - During the Event Creation process, you can easily add a registration to any event and monitor/manage the registration activity.
- Website Integration with Full Customization of Event Forms/Templates
- Ability to add multiple Venues (off-site and on-site)
- "Wait List" Capability
- Multiple Tiers of Ticketing, including FREE and paid
- Ability to select "Available Quantity" for each ticket tier
- Check-in to events using tickets
- Payment Processing of Event Registration Fees
- Ability to Sell Products as Part of a Registration (i.e. Books, T-shirts, CD’s, etc.)
For more information, please contact "Support” (located on the top of your dashboard) and our Engagement Team will be happy to answer your questions!
To get started with Event Registration, follow the steps below.
STEP 1: Add Event Registration to your Current Plan
Billing contact should go to the drop-down menu to the right of the person icon, located on the top right of the dashboard and select Billing>Manage Subscription, then select Event Registration & Online Giving and update your subscription.
STEP 2: Turn Event Registration On
Go to Settings>Advanced>General and select the following to enable the Event Registration and Online Giving feature
STEP 3: Set up Payment Provider
Go to Event Registration>Settings>Funding Accounts, follow the instructions to set up your account with our payment processing provider, SafeSave Payment Services. Once you are set up, you will enter the API key here given by SafeSave Payment Services, then SAVE and continue to the next step.
STEP 4: Set up Public Portal
Go to Event Registration>Settings>Public Portal to set up the following:
General Public Portal Settings - Turn your public portal on, add a logo and customize a message that allows a person that is outside of your organization to sign in or sign up as a new user, view the homepage where they can view and register for events with event registrations, make donations/contributions one-time only or set up as recurring, based on your settings. See example below:
NOTE: If you need to delete your logo for any reason and then add a new one, you can do so by doing the following:
Event Registration Settings - If you want to show a link for the Event List (events with registration) on your public calendar, check the box as shown below to enable this.
You will then have the ability to add a hyperlink that points to a different page and URL within eSPACE.cool OR you can embed the Event List within your website as an iframe.
NOTE: When logged into the system as a user and using the same web browser, you can view the event registration within the portal or registration link on your website, regardless of the status of event to see what the registration would look like. If you want to see what the public sees, you can look by choosing a different browser, use incognito mode or simply log out, then go to the website or portal; however, the event will need to be marked public and in an approved status.
STEP 5: Create a Form Template - This is where you set up one or multiple form templates that can be selected from when adding a registration to any event.
- Go to Event Registration>Event Registration Form Template on the left sidebar of your dashboard
- Click "Create New Event Registration Form"
NOTE: You have the ability to Search for any current event registration form templates.
- Enter "Form Name" (required), setup and customize your form, then SAVE. You have many options here, such as:
>Editing pre-defined questions
>Making them required or not required
>Ability to remove the form question
>Ability to order the form questions by clicking the icon below
and moving your question to the desired position
You can filter any column by selecting the blue filter icon and choosing your filter options.
>Adding additional questions. Click "Add New Question", choose your question type from the drop-down, add label name with option to make it required and SAVE.
Once you have saved your form, be sure to preview your form to make sure everything looks exactly how you want it to.
STEP 6: Add a Venue - Add any venue, including your own organization where your organization will host events that are posted on public event registration pages. NOTE: You may be asking why you need to add your organization as a venue. The reason for this is because we do not include your physical address within Settings>Locations. Also, in the near future, we will be adding Google maps as an enhancement allowing the registrant to get directions.
- Go to Event Registration>Venues and select "Add New Venue" to add your organization and other venues where your events will be held. These can be edited or deleted at any time.
- Add "Venue Name" and other required fields, then SAVE.
STEP 7: Ticket Tiers - This is where you set up different ticketing tiers for your events (ex: General Admission, Priority, VIP, Free, etc.). These can be added within the event registration and set up to start and/or end at different times. NOTE: If the event requires a registration payment, then you must select a ticket tier!
- Go to Event Registration>Ticket Tiers and add select the blue "Add New Ticket Tier" and a new window will open where you can add the information and SAVE.
- When adding a registration to any event, you have the ability to offer a discount after selecting a Ticket Tier for an event requiring payment. After choosing the ticket tier, select if you want to allow registrants to register for the event as a whole OR by occurrence. You will then have the option of making a Promo Code Available, entering a Promo Code, and Promo Discount dollar amount.
- Once that a person registers for the event, they will see the following (see below) to enter their Promo Code and "Validate".
- When the registrant reviews their information and payment, they will see that the discount has been applied.
STEP 8: Tax Rates - Add tax rates so that you can add to any registration or purchase (sales tax, etc.).
Go to Event Registrations>Settings>Tax Rates and click the blue "Add New Tax" where you can add a tax name and tax rate. These can be added to any product when adding a registration to an event.
STEP 9: Products - Add products that can be purchased via the event registration process, such as books, t-shirts, CD's, etc.
Go to Event Registrations>Settings>Products and click the blue "Add New Product" where you can add the name of the product, the unit cost, list price, add tax, mark it as active and add a description for the product. You can easily deactivate the product from event registrations, delete it and even edit the criteria for the product. You also have the ability to export your product information to Excel or to PDF.
- If you want to allow an event owner or editor(s) to add new products when setting up an event registration, select the following
- You have the ability to allow product discounts. Simply select the product, add your discount and SAVE.
STEP 10: Add Registration to Event - You can easily add a registration during the creation process of an event OR you can add the registration at a later date. To add a registration, do the following:
- Go to the Event Registration tab within the event and select "Yes, create Online Registration"
- Complete the Online Event Registration Setup, completing all required fields and choosing additional desired selections, then choose Save & Go To Next.
- If you have not completed the event creation, continue with the Setup tab and Submit the event.
- You can easily identify your event with registration as it has a ticket icon after the Event ID (see below). You can click on the ticket to take you directly to the Event Registration tab where you can then view the registration or make edits.
- If your event has been marked public and in approved status, you will see the event on your public calendar. You can click on the ticket here and it will take you to the registration where you can view the event information, register for the event and add it to your calendar!
- If you would like to take a look at the registration list, you can do so by clicking the ticket icon or going straight to the event registration tab where you you can click on the green button "View Registration List".
- If you need to suspend your registration, click on the red "Suspend Registration" button, shown above.
- You have the option to view your registrations, manually add a registration, export them to excel and even email the registration list!
STEP 11: Ticketed Events - This is where you can view ALL ticketed events, based on your location(s) permissions, for each event occurrence, see who has registered, delete one or multiple registrants with refund (if applicable) and even check them in here. You also have the ability to search and filter!
If you want to view or run a report for all of your transactions, go to Reports>Transactions. You can search, filter, and Export to Excel or PDF.
STEP 12: Check-in - Ready to check your registrants in? You can currently do this within Settings>Ticketed Events, as shown above OR enter their ticket number and check them in (see below).
Special NOTE Regarding using a Barcode Scanner:
One thing to keep in mind is that a barcode scanner is really just another input device, just like a keyboard. In fact, when you use a scanner that's connected to your computer, it translates the barcode to characters, and emulates the keystrokes of those characters on a keyboard. As far as eSPACE is concerned, it doesn't care how those characters get entered.
So, given all of this, we don't have any specific recommendations on which scanner to use. Probably something simple, wired (not wireless unless you really need it), that plugs into your computer's USB connection and can read 1D barcodes. If you want to read barcodes off of a ticket-holder's smartphone, the scanner must support that as well. We may eventually upgrade the barcode to be 2D (also known as "QR"), so you might also want to make sure the scanner can read that also. Amazon has an inexpensive scanner https://amzn.to/2PzkqiU but we cannot make formal recommendations of it since we have no experience with it.
I hope this information is helpful! If you need further assistance, please contact support by clicking going to the "Help" drop-down menu, located on the top right of your dashboard and then select "Support".