On March 1, 2024 we announced to our customers that are still using Event Registration that Event Registration is sunsetting 9/1/2024. We encourage all customers still using Event Registration to transition their registrations to a new registration tool. All customers can export Event Registration data from their own Event Registration account until 9/1/2024 when it will become no longer available.
Access Until Sunset Date
You will continue to have full access to the Event Registration feature until September 1, 2024. We encourage you to complete any event registrations before this date, and discontinue using the event registration feature on new events. If you want to view or run a report for all of your transactions, go to Reports > Transactions. You can search, filter, and Export to Excel or PDF.
Since your SafeSave account is completely separate from your eSPACE account, you will still continue to have access to your SafeSave account even after Sept 1, 2024. SafeSave is a completely separate company from Smart Chruch Solutions, so if you need help with your SafeSave account, reach out to their support for help.
- Call 1-800-220-8611 or visit SafeSave Payment Services to connect with them.
Event Registration Features:
- Event Registration - During the Event Creation process, you can easily add a registration to any event and monitor/manage the registration activity.
- Easy Website Integration with our Public Calendar feature or embed code/iframe
- Full Customization of Event Forms/Templates
- Ability to add multiple Venues (off-site and on-site)
- "Wait List" Capability
- Multiple Tiers of Ticketing, including FREE and paid
- Ability to select "Available Quantity" for each ticket tier
- Choose to either have people register per occurrence OR the event as a whole
- Choose when registration starts and ends for for occurrence OR event as a whole
- Check-in to events using tickets
- Payment Processing of Event Registration Fees
- Ability to Sell Products as Part of a Registration (i.e. Books, T-shirts, CD’s, etc.)
- Event Scheduler must already be added to your subscription.
- Events with registration added must be made public on the main "Details" tab of the event and fully approved, in order for non-eSPACE users to be able to use the link to register for the event.
- Once the events with registration have at least one registrant, any changes to the event that would require the event to go back to draft mode and then be re-approved are not permitted, such as changing the dates, times, spaces, resources and services.
- For quick troubleshooting steps, please read this Knowledge Base article: Event Registration | Troubleshooting
To get started with Event Registration, follow the steps below.
STEP 1: Add Event Registration to your Current Plan
Billing contact should go to the drop-down menu to the right of the person icon, located on the top right of the dashboard and select Billing, then toggle on Event Registration and update your subscription.
STEP 2: Turn Event Registration On
Go to Settings > Advanced > General > Event Creation and toggle on the following to enable the Event Registration and Online Giving feature
STEP 3: Set up Payment Provider
Go to Event Registration > Settings > Funding Accounts, follow the instructions to set up your account with our payment processing provider, SafeSave Payment Services. Once you are set up, you will enter the API key here given by SafeSave Payment Services, then SAVE and continue to the next step.
STEP 4: Set up Public Portal
- Go to Event Registration > Settings > Public Portal to set up the following:
A. General Public Portal Settings
- 1. Turn your public portal on
- 2. Add a logo
- 3. Add a customized message to display on the registration portal homepage
- This Public Portal for registration will allow a person that is outside of your organization (NON-eSPACE User) to sign into the portal in order to track how many events they have registered for, see the full list of events with registration, and register for additional ones. This will not allow them to create an eSPACE account.
- However, people do NOT have to sign into the portal in order to register for events.
- Example of a user's portal page.
- Example of a portal homepage.
- Example of a portal homepage.
- If you need to delete your logo for any reason and then add a new one, you can do so back under Event Registration > Settings > Public Portal.
B. Event Registration Settings
- 1. If you want to show a link for the Event List (events with registration) on your Public Calendar, check the box as shown below to enable this.
- The Public Calendar referred to here is one of the features under Settings > Advanced.
- 2. You will then have the ability to add the "Public Link to Event List" (shown above) to any part of your website, or social media... When people click on it they will be navigated to a page that will show them a list of the events that have registration. They can then expand any event in order to see the "Register Now" button and follow the steps to register. At the end, they will get a receipt.
- 3. You can use the "Embed Code" (shown above) to embed the Event List within your website. Below is an example of that. When people view the list in this manner, they can still click on any event to expand and see the "Register Now" button.
- eSPACE Users Registering: When logged into eSPACE as a user (admin, sub-admin or user) and using the same web browser, you can pre-view the event registration within the portal or registration link on your website, regardless of the status of the event to see what the registration would look like.
- Non-eSPACE Users Registering: If you want to see what the public sees, you can look by choosing a different browser, use incognito mode or simply log out of your eSPACE account and then go to your church's calendar on their website or the portal; however, the event will need to be marked public and in an fully approved status.
- The event must also be marked as Public on the main Details tab in order for Non-eSPACE users to be able to register.
STEP 5: Create a Form Template
This is where you set up one or multiple form templates that can be selected from when adding a registration to any event. Once you add a form template to the event, you can edit it by adding, removing, or editing the questions on that template.
- Go to Event Registration > Settings > Form Templates on the left sidebar of your dashboard
- Click "Create New Event Registration Form"
You have the ability to search for any current event registration form templates.
- Enter "Form Name" (required), setup and customize your form, then SAVE. You have many options here, such as:
>Editing pre-defined questions
>Making them required or not required
>Ability to remove the form question
>Ability to order the form questions by clicking the icon below
and moving your question to the desired position
You can filter any column by selecting the blue filter icon and choosing your filter options.
>Adding additional questions. Click "Add New Question", choose your question type from the drop-down, add a label name with the option to make it required and SAVE.
Once you have saved your form, be sure to preview your form to make sure everything looks exactly how you want it to.
STEP 6: Add a Venue
Add any venue, including your own organization where your organization will host events that are posted on public event registration pages.
- You may be asking why you need to add your organization as a venue. The reason for this is because we do not include your physical address within Settings>Locations.
- Go to Event Registration>Venues and select "Add New Venue" to add your organization and other venues where your events will be held. These can be edited or deleted at any time.
- Add "Venue Name" and other required fields, then SAVE.
STEP 7: Ticket Tiers
This is where you set up different ticketing tiers for your events (ex: General Admission, Priority, VIP, Free, etc.). These can be added within the event registration AND set up to start and/or end at different times/days.
- On the event, all "Registration Starts" dates for each ticket tier can be set X hour(s),X day(s), X week(s), or X month(s) before the start of the event.
- If the event requires a registration payment, then you must select a ticket tier!
- Go to Event Registration > Settings > Ticket Tiers and select the blue "Add New Ticket Tier" and a new window will open where you can add the information and SAVE.
Adding Ticket Tiers to the Event
- On the event, after choosing the ticket tier, select the quantity available and then if you want to allow registrants to register for the event as a whole OR by occurrence.
- You will then have the option of making a Promo Code Available, entering a Promo Code, and Promo Discount dollar amount.
- You can also set when registration for that ticket tier starts and ends.
- If needed, change the "Registration Starts" from Day(s) to either Week(s) or Monrth(s) in order to be able to start registration for a ticket tier farther in advance from the event start date.
- SafeSave has a MINIMUM Convenience Fee amount of $2.00. If the calculated fee will be less than $2, this minimum fee value will be used in lieu of the calculated fee.
- Therefore if you are trying to do a "test charge" then make sure to test with an amount greater than $2. Also, all ticket tiers need to be greater than $2 as well.
STEP 8: Tax Rates
Add tax rates so that you can add to any registration or purchase (sales tax, etc.).
Go to Event Registrations > Settings > Tax Rates and click the blue "Add New Tax" where you can add a tax name and tax rate. These can be added to any product when adding a registration to an event.
STEP 9: Products
Add products that can be purchased via the event registration process, such as books, t-shirts, CD's, etc.
Go to Event Registrations > Settings > Products and click the blue "Add New Product" where you can add the name of the product, the unit cost, list price, add tax, mark it as active and add a description for the product.
- You can easily deactivate the product from event registrations, delete it and even edit the criteria for the product.
- You also have the ability to export your product information to Excel or to PDF.
- Products can also be "Donation" options that are added to the event so attendees can choose to donate certain amounts, based on the "donation" products you create and add.
- If you want to allow an event owner or editor(s) to add new products when setting up an event registration, select the following
- On the event, you have the ability to allow product discounts. Simply select the product, add your discount and SAVE.
STEP 10: Add Registration to Event
You can easily add a registration during the creation process of an event OR you can add the registration at a later date. To add a registration, do the following:
- Go to the Event Registration tab within the event and select "Yes, create Online Registration"
- Complete the Online Event Registration Setup, completing all required fields and choosing additional desired selections (as talked about in previous sections), then choose Save & Go To Next.
- Once ready, submit the event for approval.
- After the event is fully approved, then people will see the event on the Public Calendar and be able to register for the event.
- Make sure the event is set to be Public on the main Details tab so that non-eSPACE users can register for the event.
STEP 11: People Register
- Once the event is set to be public on the Details tab and is fully approved anyone, whether they have an eSPACE account or not, will be able to register for the event.
- If the registration link is included in the event information displayed on your website, then they can click the link to register.
- During the registration process, people will see the following (see below) to enter their Promo Code and "Validate". The promo code is for all the tickets chosen, just like a discount at a store gets applied to the whole purchase.
- When the registrant reviews their information and payment, they will see that the discount has been applied.
Multiple Registrations Together
- On the Registration tab of the event, you can choose to allow people to register for themselves and others.
- If allowed, then you can also choose additional fields that a person will need to fill out when registering for multiple tickets/people at one time.
- If allowed, then people registering will see "Total Number of Tickets" on the last step of the registration form that they fill out online.
- If you do NOT want the "Total Number of Tickets" to appear on the public registration form for attendees, then make sure to toggle off "Allow same user to add other attendees within their registration" on the Registration tab of the event connected to that form.
Receipt for Registering & Notification for Admin
- After a person finishes the registration process they will get a receipt. The admins in Billing & Invoicing will also receive a notification about a "New Event Registration" as long as they have that notification enabled under their Notification Settings in their eSPACE.
- The receipt will be emailed to the attendee. However, if the attendee looses the email, there is no way to resend them their ticket, but you can manually check them in later.
When Can People Register
- Unless otherwise chosen for the event, people can register online with the link up until the start time of the event. After the event has started, the event registration contact person(s) can manually add registrants after the event.
Payment for Registering By Cash or Check
- If payment is required for tickets and people do not want to purchase them with a credit card or debit card online, you will have to take the payments (cash, check, cc) transactions separately and perhaps note within the registration (based on if there is a note question type) how they paid.
STEP 12: Events with Registration on Your Dashboard or Internal Calendar
- On your Dashboard, you can easily identify your event with registration as it has a ticket icon after the Event ID (see below). You can click on the ticket to take you directly to the Event Registration tab where you can then view the registration or make edits.
- If your event has been marked public and in approved status, you will see the event on your public calendar. You can click on the ticket here and it will take you to the registration where you can view the event information, register for the event and add it to your calendar!
- If you would like to take a look at the registration list, you can do so by clicking the ticket icon or going straight to the event registration tab where you can click on the green button "View Registration List".
- If you need to suspend your registration, click on the red "Suspend Registration" button, shown above.
- You have the option to view your registrations, manually add a registration, export them to Excel and even email the registration list!
STEP 11a: Ticketed Events
This is where you can view ALL ticketed events, based on your location(s) permissions, for each event occurrence, see who has registered, delete one or multiple registrants with a refund (if applicable) and even check them in here. You also have the ability to search and filter!
If you want to view or run a report for all of your transactions, go to Reports > Transactions. You can search, filter, and Export to Excel or PDF.
STEP 11b: Viewing Ticketed vs. Non-Ticketed registrations
This is how you will view registrations that were non-ticketed and those that were ticketed. Below you will see that there were 15 Sign-Ups and when the date is expanded, you can see that from that number, 10 were "**Not Ticketed**" and 5 were "VIP" or ticketed.
STEP 12: Check-in
Ready to check your registrants in? You can currently do this within Settings>Ticketed Events,
OR enter their ticket number and check them in (see below).
Special NOTE Regarding using a Barcode Scanner:
One thing to keep in mind is that a barcode scanner is really just another input device, just like a keyboard. In fact, when you use a scanner that's connected to your computer, it translates the barcode to characters, and emulates the keystrokes of those characters on a keyboard. As far as eSPACE is concerned, it doesn't care how those characters get entered.
So, given all of this, we don't have any specific recommendations on which scanner to use. Probably something simple, wired (not wireless unless you really need it), that plugs into your computer's USB connection and can read 1D barcodes. If you want to read barcodes off of a ticket-holder's smartphone, the scanner must support that as well. We may eventually upgrade the barcode to be 2D (also known as "QR"), so you might also want to make sure the scanner can read that also.
- Amazon has an inexpensive scanner https://amzn.to/2PzkqiU but we cannot make formal recommendations of it or any other scanner.
I hope this information is helpful! If you need further assistance, please contact support by clicking going to the "Help" drop-down menu, located on the top right of your dashboard and then select "Support".