We have another great tool to assist you with simplifying Online Giving, whether it is a one-time donation or recurring donation. Here are a few highlights for Online Giving that may be helpful. As an Administrator, you have the following options:
- Upload your logo and create a homepage where external users can conveniently make a donation online!
- Allow online donations so that an external user can sign up and add a profile or register as a guest and add a one-time donation or recurring donations.
- Require a minimum dollar amount for a donation
- Customize a thank you message
- Customize donation form questions and make them required to be completed.
- Donations can be allocated to multiple funds.
For more information, please contact "Support” (located on the top of your dashboard) and our Engagement Team will be happy to answer your questions!
To get started with Online Giving, follow the steps below.
NOTE: If you have already added Event Registration to your current plan, you can skip Steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 (General Public Portal Settings).
STEP 1: Add Online Giving to your Current Plan
- Billing contact should go to Billing>Manage Subscription, then select Event Registration & Online Giving and update your subscription.
STEP 2: Turn Event Registration and Online Giving On
- Go to Settings>Advanced>General and select the following to enable the Event Registration and Online Giving feature
STEP 3: Set up Payment Provider
Go to Event Registration>Settings>Payment Provider, follow the instructions to set up your account with our payment processing provider, SafeSave Payment Services. Once you are set up, you will enter the API key here given by SafeSave Payment Services, then SAVE and continue to the next step.
STEP 4: Set up Public Portal
- Go to Online Giving>Settings>Public Portal to set up the following:
General Public Portal Settings - Turn your public portal on, add a logo and customize a message that allows a person that is outside of your organization to sign in or sign up as a new user, view the homepage where they can view and register for events with event registrations, make donations/contributions/tithe one-time only or set up as recurring, based on your settings.
Online Giving Settings - Activate Online Giving here and select the options that best fit your Facility needs.
- Allow Online Donations - check this to activate Online Giving.
- Public Portal Link - This is your public portal link for Online Giving that can be copied and linked to your website.
- Allow Recurring Donations - Check this box if you want to allow external users outside of your organization to set up recurring donations, frequency, add their billing information and credit card information and GIVE.
- Require Member Profile for Recurring Donations - This requires external users to set up a profile for recurring donations such as tithes, etc.
- Minimum Amount - If you want to require a minimum amount per donation, you can do so here.
- Thank You Message - Create and personalize a thank you note that will be automatically generated when someone donates a monetary gift.
- Profile Login - You can make this an optional or required field (ex: May want to make required for recurring donations such as a tithe, etc.).
- Include Locations on Donation Form - This allows the user to designate the location where they want the donation to go to.
- Is Location Required - Check this box if you want the user to be required to select a location where the donation should be associated with. If you have multiple locations, you may want to require this.
- Donation Form Fields - You can set up and customize your form for donations. You have many options here, such as:
Editing predefined questions
Adding new questions
Making them required or not required
Ability to remove the form question
Ability to order the form questions by clicking the and moving to the desired position
- Once you're finished, be sure to SAVE.
When someone gives online, this is what they will receive.
If you'd like to see a list of your online donations, go to Online Giving>All Donations where you can view, search, filter, export to Excel or PDF.