When adding an event, you can make it recurring by adding recurrence rules. When you do this, make sure to keep the start date AND end date the same date. Conflict detection will "reserve" the spaces and resources from the Start Date/Time to the End Time/Date".
- If you ALSO Use Setup and End Teardown Dates then make sure they are also the same as the event start and end date. This is important when adding a recurrence rule to make your event reoccur in order to avoid conflict detection issues on your event.
After you've selected "ADD EVENT" and added a name, internal description, start date/time and end date/time on the "Details" tab, you will see the section for "Recurrence" (see below).
- When you click on the recurrence drop-down box, you will have the following options below. Use the scroll bar to see the custom date option.
- If you select Daily, you will see the option to add your daily recurrence rules. You have the option to choose every so many day or choose every weekday (M-F), then end after a specific number of occurrences or end after a specific date.
- When choosing Weekly, you can choose to have the recurrence rules every so many weeks (ex: if every week, enter 1) and then have the recurring event end after a specific number of occurrences or end after a specific date.
- After choosing Weekly as your recurrence option, you can also choose "Customize" to add additional days of the week.
- Should you choose Monthly, you have the option to make the event recur every so many month(s) (ex: monthly would be every 1 month) on a particular day (Day 1, 2, 3, etc.) or on the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, or Last Day of the week of your choice and then end after a specific number of occurrences or end after a specific date.
- After choosing Monthly as your recurrence option, you can also choose "Customize" for additional options.
- When you select Yearly, you have the option to make it recur every year (recur every 1 year), every other year (recur every 2 years), etc. You can also have it recur on the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, or Last Day of any desired month and then end after a specific number of occurrences or end after a specific date.
- After choosing Yearly as your recurrence option, you can also choose "Customize" for additional options.
- If you select Custom recurrence, then you can choose any dates that you need that don't follow the regular pattern of daily, weekly, monthly.... These can be random dates! Click the black arrow to see future months if you need to select more dates than what is currently being displayed.
If you select a date on the calendar by mistake, you can easily delete by clicking on the red "X" to the right of the date chosen.
If need be, you can change the date, time, space, resource, service or set up notes for once or multiple occurrences on the Occurrence Tab. Ther you can also add one or multiple occurrences in order to extend your event for a few dates.
Related Knowledge Base articles:
- Editing an Event : See section Editing Occurrence(s) and/or items within the Occurrences Tab"
- When to Add Occurrence vs. New Schedule?
- Customize Occurrence Names