If you are using Shelby Arena for your Church Management System and integrating with eSPACE for your event scheduling, here are a few things to know that will be helpful.
- We only integrate with Shelby Arena (not Shelby Next or other products).
- Our current integration is a one-way integration - Shelby Arena only PULLS resource/event information from eSPACE via pull API (Application Programming Interface) for “approved” events only.
- Best Practices: Create your event first in the Event Scheduler. Once the event is approved, this makes it available for syncing to Shelby Arena via an Event Tag.
- This integration is simply a way to "link" event occurrences in eSPACE into Shelby Arena. This integration was created so that double entry could be avoided for those using Shelby Arena as a Church Management System.
- It also allows users to quickly and easily manage additional information about the event (registrations for example) inside their Church Management System without having to recreate the event.
- All event management outside of the basic details (event times and spaces) should be maintained inside Shelby Arena (Registrations, Public Calendar Details, and Custom fields). If you "link" an eSPACE event inside Shelby Arena, the ability to change the date/times in Shelby Arena is disabled to prevent eSPACE from getting out of sync.
- In addition, there is one hole that exists and that is, if an approved event gets changed in eSPACE and goes back to draft, there is no auto-updating in Shelby Arena that allows that event to stay in 'sync'. You would need to un-check the "Resourced?" checkbox inside Shelby Arena and pull the event information again to retrieve the updates.
If you would like to receive instructions on "Arena Event Tags and eSPACE Integration", simply contact SUPPORT located on the top of your dashboard. Thank you!