Export your Events
To begin the process of exporting your eSPACE events to your Google, Outlook or Apple calendar, using the condensed navigation mode, go to the left side bar of your dashboard and click on Events>Event Actions>Export Events.
If you are not using the condensed navigation mode, go to the left sidebar of your dashboard and select Events>Export Events to begin the process.
NOTE: When exporting events, you will see up to 2 years worth of event data!
A new window will open where you setup your exporting parameters:
You can filter by:
- Public/Private Events
- Approval Area(s)
You also have the ability to:
- Hide the Event Details URL
- Exclude any Calendar Labels associated with an event
SUBSCRIBING VIA GOOGLE (GMAIL) Once you have all your parameters set, copy the Generated URL from the page:
- Go to your Google Calendar, and click the arrow on “Other Calendars”, then “Add by URL”
- Paste the URL into the box, and choose if you want to make it publicly accessible.
- Click “Add Calendar” button.
- Calendar will then show up in Google
- The calendar will update periodically through the day with any new events added in eSPACE.
SUBSCRIBING VIA OUTLOOK
- Copy the URL as described in step 2 above.
- To insert a web-calendar in Outlook, you need to right click “Other Calendars”, then choose “From Internet…”
- Paste the URL of your calendar and click OK
It will then contact the web server and bring in the calendar and ask if you want to subscribe:
- Choose “Yes”
It will then bring in your calendar and you can now see it in Outlook:
- You will now see it under the Calendar list on the left. You can right click and choose “rename” to give it any name you like. You can check/un-check at any time to show/hide the calendar.
- To delete the calendar, just right click and “Delete Calendar”
The calendar will update periodically through the day with any new events added in eSPACE.
NOTE: There is an Event Details link included for every exported event. So now, when you look at an event in your calendar, you will see the following:
When you click on this, you will see the full details of the event including:
- Setup Information
- Forms & Answers
- Document Links
SUBSCRIBING VIA APPLE
In Apple Calendar on a Mac, you can use the “New Calendar Subscription…” option under the File menu as shown below. If you have your calendar syncing with your iCloud account, subscriptions set up on your Mac should also sync to your iPhone.
The power behind this feature, is that now you can give this calendar to anyone (with or without) access to eSPACE so that they can view the event information. This is great for facility teams or off-site teams that you don't want to train to use eSPACE. This also cuts down on all the reports (and paper) that you had to run before in order to generate this information.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We sync with Google; however, we have no control when they sync. The feed could be delayed by as much as 8 hours depending on the calendar you use.