Our eSPACE team is so excited to share that if you are a bundled user (using the Event Scheduler and Work Order & Asset Management modules), you will now have the ability to add a work order to any event!
To get started with this feature, an Admin will need to go to Settings>Advanced>General>Optional Settings and select the following and SAVE.
NOTE: Only bundled users will be able to see this option. When selected, a new tab will be added to the event scheduling process, called “Work Order”.
Now you are ready to add your event!
Simply start the event creation process as usual:
- Add details for event.
- Add any contact(s), if you desire.
- Add your items (Spaces, Resources, Services).
- Set up and associate your items to the desired space(s), add notes and/or configurations.
- Add any additional Schedules, as needed.
- Review the Availability tab to ensure everything looks good. Make edits as desired.
- Now, you have the ability to add a “Work Order”!
NOTE: You have the ability to add a work order for each schedule! Notice that I have 2 schedules: Employee Recognition Lunch and Meeting for Ministry Pastors. In this scenario, I have selected to create a work order for the Employee Recognition Lunch.
- Now you can begin adding your work order request (see attachment below) and then SAVE!
Review of each setting for work order request:
- Location - defaults to location of the event
- Service Category - Select appropriate Service Category for Work Order Request, based on what’s needed for event.
- Priority - Select priority based on work order needs.
- Description - Add description for work order.
- Create Work Order Tasks from Setup - When you select this, tasks will be generated within the work order based on the items selected and notes added within Setup tab.
- Default Requested Completed Date to Occurrence Start Date - When selected, the work order completion date will default to the occurrence start date within your selected schedule.
- Days before Occurrence Date to Create Work Order - You have the option of selecting the number of days prior to each occurrence of your selected schedule to create the work order. Otherwise, it will default to 1.
- Include Spaces in Work Order - When selected, your spaces will be included within the work order.
- NOTE: Make sure that you select SAVE before moving on!
- Once you have saved your work order request and are finished with the event creation process, you are ready to "Submit Event" for approval.
A couple of things:
- Dashboard grid - There is an icon to indicate work order was added to event (coming soon)
- Work Order Portal - If you click on the “Work Order Portal” button, located on the top of your dashboard and then “My Work Orders”, you will be able to see your submitted work order once the event is in approved status and then be able to monitor the status of it.
- On the Work Order Management side, the work order shows under the “New Work Orders” grid and is ready to be assigned!
- You can see that tasks for this event (indicated by tasks icon, added from Setup tab on Event Scheduler side) are associated with the work order and can be assigned with due date…..
- ...and attachments have been added, indicated by the paperclip. The attachment can be deleted by clicking on the trash can, located below the attachment.
- If you click on the work order number, you will also see a “Setup Report” tab, where you can see all the setup notes, configurations, etc. to set up your event!
NOTE: You can also print the Event Setup report from this tab!
NOTIFICATION PREFERENCES for Event Scheduler User Only!
If you are receiving unwanted emails because you added a work order to an event, you can easily disable them!
Simply click the "Work Order Portal" button, located on the top of the Event Scheduler dashboard and then select the "Notification Preferences" (see below) button to disable any unwanted emails and SAVE.