If you are subscribed to Event Scheduler AND Work Orders & Asset Management module, you can give your users the ability to have their events automatically generate work orders! These work orders can then be automatically assigned to departments depending on the service category chosen or be assigned to individuals in Work Order & Asset Management.
- Later if you make changes to configurations or the setup tab on an event that has already generated a work order, the work order will NOT automatically update. You will instead need to go over to Work Order & Asset Management, find the Event Work Order and update as needed
Turn On the Setting
To get started with this feature, an Admin will need to go to Settings>Advanced>General>Event Creation and select the following and SAVE.
Remember, only bundled users will be able to see this option.
- When selected, a new tab will be added to the event scheduling process, called “Work Order”.
Create an Event with a Work Order
Simply start the event creation process as usual:
- Add details for event.
- Add any contact(s), if you desire.
- Add your items (Spaces, Resources, Services).
- Set up and associate your items to the desired space(s), add notes and/or configurations.
- Add any additional Schedules, as needed.
- Review the Availability tab to ensure everything looks good. Make edits as desired.
- Now, you have the ability to add a “Work Order”!
- Multiple Schedules on the Same Event
- If your event has multiple schedules (or overridden occurrences), then you can select a schedule in the drop-down menu at the top right and then navigate to the work orders tab to set up work orders to be generated for that schedule. You can also switch between the different schedule sub-tabs on the Work Order tab.
- See below the "Rehearsal" schedule is selected, but there are 2 other schedules on this event. You can set up all 3 of these schedules to generate a work order, or just 2 or just 1 of them.
- Below are all the options when setting up your event to automatically generate a work order.
Review of each setting for work order request:
- Location - defaults to location of the event
- Service Category - Select appropriate Service Category for Work Order Request, based on what’s needed for event.
- Priority - Select priority based on work order needs.
- Description - Add description for work order.
- Create Work Order Tasks from Setup - When you select this, tasks will be generated within the work order based on the items selected and notes added within Setup tab.
- Default Requested Completed Date to Occurrence Start Date - When selected, the work order completion date will default to the occurrence start date within your selected schedule.
- Days before Occurrence Date to Create Work Order - You have the option of selecting the number of days prior to each occurrence of your selected schedule to create the work order. Otherwise, it will default to 1.
- Include Spaces in Work Order - When selected, your spaces will be included within the work order.
- SAVE before navigating to a different tab on the event!
- Once you have saved your work order request and are finished with the event creation process, you are ready to "Submit Event" for approval.
After Event is Submitted & Approved
- Work Order & Asset Management Dashboard - The work order shows under the “New Work Orders” grid and is ready to be assigned!
- You can see that tasks for this event (indicated by tasks icon, added from Setup tab on Event Scheduler side) are associated with the work order and can be assigned with a due date (if added).
- You can also see attachments have been added, indicated by the paperclip. The attachment can be deleted by clicking on the trash can, located below the attachment.
- If you click on the work order number...
- ...you will also see a “Setup Report” tab, where you can see all the setup notes, configurations, etc. to set up your event!
- You can also print the Event Setup report from this tab!
A Couple of Other Things:
- Event Scheduler Dashboard grid - There is an icon to indicate work order was added to event (coming soon)
- Work Order Portal - If you click on the “Work Order Portal” button, located on the top of your dashboard and then “My Work Orders”, you will be able to see your submitted work order once the event is in approved status and then be able to monitor the status of it.
Notification Preferences for Event Scheduler User Only!
If you are receiving unwanted emails because you added a work order to an event, you can easily disable them!
Simply click the "Work Order Portal" button, located on the top of the Event Scheduler dashboard and then select the "Notification Preferences" (see below) button to disable any unwanted emails and SAVE.
If you make a change to the Configuration or the Setup Note for an Item, you will see the following warning:
Keep in mind that changes you make to the Configuration or Setup Note for an Item does NOT automatically result in a change to the Event Work Order. You will instead need to go over to Work Order & Asset Management, find the Event Work Order and update as needed.