Events >Item Scheduler
- Go to the top of the page and choose the drop down menu for either "Daily Item Scheduler" or "Weekly Item Scheduler".
- Next, select Spaces, Resources, or Services, based on your desired reservation.
- Next, you have the option of selecting the date for your reservation. You can scroll forward one day or back one day as shown below.
- You also have the option of filtering the scheduler by selecting the blue "Filter Scheduler" button. You can filter your item selection by "location(s)" and by item(s) based on your item selection.
NOTE: Here is an example of the filtered scheduler. I selected both the Main and East campuses and the Conference Rooms for each campus!
NOTE: The scheduler above shows total availability for the filtered spaces. However, more than likely, there will be several events showing on the scheduler. In the following example, you will see that there are 2 events that have been requested for the Fellowship Hall (Main Campus); one is approved (Zumba with Green bar above) and the other is conflicted (Communications Dept Meeting with Red bar above). Notice the category colors are also represented for the events and show to the left of the location/event name.
HINT: If you begin the process from the Item Calendar, it will help avoid an obvious conflicts from the onset. However, there is real-time conflict checking as you continue with the event details and add items (spaces, resources, and services).
- Now you are ready to select the space and date/time that you want to begin with by double-clicking an available time increment to the right of the item (see 1st attachment below), which will then open the Event Details of the "Quick Event Create" process (2nd attachment).
- Add the Event Name (Required) and Description.
Note: You will notice that because we started with the Item Scheduler, the date and time were pre-populated within the Event Details page of the "Quick Event Create" form. The item is also pre-populated!
- Now, continue by adding the Event End Date/Time. Note: The end date should be the same as the Event Start date UNLESS it is one continuous event that lasts overnight for a period of day(s)/week(s).
- Begin Setup Date/Time and End Teardown Date/Time (Optional).
- Do you want your event to have recurrence rules? You can select from Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, or Custom.
- Select "Is Public" if you want your event to be shown on your Public calendar once it is in an approved status.
- "Location(s)" ( This will be pre-populated from your selection within the Item Scheduler).
- Add one or multiple categories that are appropriate for the event.
- Click NEXT....you will see that your item that was selected within the Item Scheduler is pre-populated. The green check mark confirms that it is available with no conflicts!
- Continue with adding any other desired Items (Spaces, Resources, Services) and Submit the event for approval! That's all there is to it!
Please sign in to leave a comment.