Admins have the ability to require users to enter the number of people expected for an event as well set a min and max number of people required in order to reserve a certain space. This helps encourage users to choose a space that properly fits the number of people that are expected to attend the event.
- For both internal and public Event Requests, you can make "# of People" a required field. Admins can turn this setting on by going to Settings > Advanced> General > Event Creation, then select "Require # of People when Creating an Event" as shown below and then SAVE.
Event Request Form (Public)
- This setting can also be selected within the Event Request form setup by going to Settings > Advanced > Event Request Forms, then within a specific form setup, select "Allow Public Users to Enter Number of People" and "Require # of People" and SAVE.
- At the SPACE level, you can set a "minimum" number of people required in order to reserve the space. You can set it by editing any desired SPACE by going to Settings > Basic > Spaces, hovering over the space game you want to edit, clicking the 3 dots and then choosing "Edit Space".
- Then scroll down till you see the "Minimum # of People Required to Reserve Space" and enter a number and click SAVE.
By setting this value, your users will no longer be able to reserve the SPACE unless they meet the minimum # of people that is set. The user will enter the number of people attending the event on the main Details tab of the event.
- This really helps you avoid having the bigger rooms booked for smaller events.
- If a SPACE is unavailable due to this restriction the user will see an unavailable notice with a # of People violation reason.