A common scenario may be that a Space at your facility may be a multi-purposed room with multiple dividers that will allow you to make one big room into smaller individual rooms. Being able to setup this configuration up in eSPACE is important so that you can properly check conflicts across all the different combinations of those room setups.
Let's look at the following example, a big Space that can be divided into TWO smaller Spaces:
In this scenario, you may have this setup in eSPACE with "Room A & B" as the big space and "Side A" and "Side B" each representing half of that big space.
- In the example above, the "Big Room" is the "parent" space and the others nested underneath are "child spaces".
- To make existing spaces a "child" space under other spaces click the drop-down menu option and choose "Drag & Drop Spaces". Then click and hold a space to move it. Once you are hovering over the "parent" space, let go and you will see the space move to be a sub-space of that "parent" space. Your changes will automatically be saved.
Now we need to tell eSPACE that if the entire SPACE is scheduled, we need to also check conflicts against the smaller "Side A" and "Side B" to make sure that there is not something scheduled in one of the smaller rooms.
- To do this, we need to setup the COMBO rooms.
Let's go to Settings > Basic > Spaces and EDIT Room A & B (Entire Room).
- Under the COMBOS area, we need to check "Side A" and "Side B". This tells the system to also check conflicts for these two rooms any time the Entire Room is selected.
- Now, we need to go to the Combos section under "Side A" and toggle on "Room A & B" in order for conflict detection to check to see if the total space is already requested on an event when someone else is trying to request one side of the big space. Last, we need to do the same for "Side B".
Check out this short video tutorial: