The Conversations tab exists in the Event Scheduler so that all communication and comments around an event can be streamlined and logged.
- They can be defined as a group of comments between a certain sub-set of people regarding the event.
- The benefit of conversations is that instead of emailing or communicating outside the events, all communication done on the Conversation tab of the event is permanently tied to the event so that it's able to be referenced in the future.
- The very first thing you want to do before getting started with conversations is update your profile picture. This can be done by clicking "My Profile", located on the left sidebar of your dashboard, then select image, crop and SAVE. That's it! Now you are ready to use conversations!
Conversations can be created, viewed, edited, deleted inside an event by clicking on the Conversations tab inside an event.
To start a new conversation, click the green New Conversation button.
NEXT, you will add the following:
- Subject: This is the subject of what you want to discuss.
- Is Private Conversation: If you want to keep the conversation private between multiple parties, then click this box.
- Initial Comment: This is the first comment in the conversation and will get the conversation kicked off.
- Add Attachment: If you want to upload a brochure, picture, floorplan, spreadsheet etc...
- Invite others to the conversation! Just click within the desired box(es) to select others.
- In order to add a contact in the conversation, you first must have a contact chosen on the Contact's tab of the event.
- If you invite an external contact (non-eSPACE user who you added as the contact on the Contact's tab) to the conversation, they will receive an email when anyone in the conversation leaves a comment. Anytime they reply to a conversation email, it will be added into the eSPACE conversation.
After selecting Start Conversations you will then see the following:
Participating in the Conversation
To participate in a conversation you must first either be the one who initiated the conversation or one of the people that has been invited/added to the conversation. Then click the blue View button....
Once you are in a conversation, you can Chat in real time!
If you are on a conversation, you will see an icon on the event on your dashboard indicating if there is a new comment or not. Red indicates a conversation with a comment that you have not read yet and black indicates an event with a conversation who's comments you have read.
Adding Others to the Conversation
To bring someone else into a conversation, simply click EDIT, and add whoever you wish!
- Again, COntacts can be added to the conversation after they have been added to the event o the Contacts tab.
- "Users Outside Events" are any users in your eSPACE account, not just admins and sub-admins.
Closing a Conversation
To close a conversation, click the Close Conversation tab. This will move the conversation to your Closed conversations inside an event:
You can always re-open or view the conversation once it is closed!
Printing a Conversation
If you would like to print out the full history of a conversation, click the “PRINT” button:
Emailing Conversation to Share with Others
If you would like to Email a conversation, you can click the “Email Conversation” button.
You can then select any number of users and send them the conversation log.
Responding to the Conversation Via Email
You as a user can respond to any conversation email and any response will automatically be logged into the conversation. You may turn off email notifications for conversation anytime by updating your user profile.
Go to the top right corner of your dashboard, select "Profile" from the drop-down menu to the right of the person icon as shown below.
Then select "Notification Preferences"...
And deselect the following and SAVE.
- You can turn on or off notifications abut conversations for your email and your eSPACE app.