A great feature inside of INFOSPACE is the ability to display any type of announcement on your displays. With this feature you can set up announcements on a display by themselves, or you can add announcements at the end of an Event List or Slides display.
To create an announcement, click the "Announcements" option in the menu:
- Click the "Create New Announcement" button at the top right.
- Fill out your announcement details including Event Name, Event Description, Date & Time
- Select a Text Color for your Name and Description (Optional)
- Choose a Background Color
- OR Add Background File (optional)
- If the background color and file are chosen here, it will override any display color or background chosen at the "display" level.
- Dates for Duration (Optional)- this will control when the announcement should start showing on a display, and when it should come off. This way it can happen automatically and you don't have to come back into INFOSPACE and cut if off.
- Some announcements may just be nice image files. If you have a nice info-graphic you want to show, you can simply make the announcement background file be your image, in lieu of any announcement text.
- When you are finished, select SAVE!
Creating Announcement Displays
Now that you have announcements created, you can create an announcement display. Please note that announcements can be created on their "own" display, or added to an existing event display. Let's first look at creating an announcement-only display.
Creating an Announcement Only Display
- Click "Displays" in your left menu
- Click the "Add New Display" button
- Choose "Announcements" as your Display Type
- Select the rest of your announcement display settings
Adding Announcements to Your Display
Once you have your initial settings selected, you can now add any announcements you have previously created in step 1 to this announcement display.
To do this:
- Click the green "Add to Display" button in the bottom "All Upcoming Announcements" grid at the bottom of the settings page. This will move the announcement from your announcement library to this display.
- You can preview your announcement by clicking the blue "Preview" button (see attached above).
- Save your display and you will now have a unique URL that you can point to that will display all your selected announcements.
Adding Announcements to your Event or Slide Displays
The great thing about how this works in INFOSPACE, is that you can also set up your announcements to come at the end of any Event Displays you have set up. To add announcements to the end of another display, simply edit the Event display from your list of Displays.
- Click the "Include Announcements" at the very bottom of the details page.
- Once you click this checkbox, you will be presented with your announcement library where you can then pick and choose which announcements to show in this display.
- Be sure to select SAVE at the top right or bottom right-hand side before leaving the page!