Regular users, sub-admins, and admins can be assigned a work order as long as the work order has the one of service categories that the user, sub-admin or admin has been granted access to under their user permissions.
If admins want, they can also set up the ability for each user, sub-admins and admin to track/manage their time within a work order!
- To do so, First, an Admin should go to Settings > Basic > Users, select the edit button to the right of the user to add/edit a user's "Hourly Rate" then select SAVE.
- The hourly rate will then be automatically pre-populated within the "Add Item/Costs" based on the technician selected/assigned within the work order.
- Then, to get started with time tracking, go to the "Items/Costs" tab within one of the work orders that has been assigned to you and click on the "Add Labor/Time" button as shown below.
- A new window will open where you can complete the "Add Item/Costs" form fields and SAVE (see screenshot below). Notice that "Date of Work", 'Work Time" and "Description of Work" are all required fields. Once these fields have been completed, be sure to SAVE!
- You will then be able to see the "Labor/Time" entry with the "Quantity/Time", "Hourly Rate" and "Actual Labor" cost. If you need to make a change, simply click the edit button to the right of the entry. You can also delete your entry by clicking the trash can icon.
Running a Report that Includes Time Tracking for Work Orders
- To run a report that includes time tracking on work orders, go to the left sidebar of your dashboard, click "Reports" and then "WO Time Report".
- Be sure to select all desired column headers (Display Name) that you want to include in your output of the report. You can also order the output of the report by clicking on a display name and dragging it to the desired location. Next, add your start and end dates and select the rest of your criteria. Then select "Run Report".
- In the next window, you will see the output of your report. Here you can "Export to Excel" so you can adjust the columns and rows and then print. You can also export the report "as is" to PDF or close it.