Here are several Event Creation settings (optional) for your review and consideration based on your organizational needs!
- Require Pre-Approvals - This should be considered as a screening process. When this box is checked, Admins and/or Sub-Admins (based on user permissions) can pre-approve all events by either selecting "Approve", allowing the event to go through the approval process or "Decline" the event, not allowing it to go through the approval process and give a reason for the decline.
- Require Final Approvals - When this box is checked, Admins and/or Sub-Admins (based on user permissions) can final approve all events, giving one last final approval for all approved items within an event or decline the event and give a reason for the decline.
- Require Approval of Off-Site Events - Select if you want to require an Admin(s) to approve any off-site events.
- Require a Changed Event to go back through PREAPPROVAL process - Once an event has been approved by the Pre-approver and has gone through the normal workflow, sometimes changes can be made to the event by the owner of the event or Admin. If you'd like the changed event to go back through the pre-approval process, you should check this box to activate this option.
- Require a Category when Creating an Event - When this box is checked, all users will be required to select a category when they create an event. To learn more about categories, go HERE.
- Require at least one event contact - When adding an event and selecting this option (see attached), this requires the requester to add at least one contact to the event.
Note: When the this setting is selected and the user adds a new event, the "Add Contacts?" box will automatically be pre-selected.
- Require # of People when Creating an Event - For both internal and public Event Requests, you can make "# of People" a required field.
- Require Begin Setup Date/Time - When this is selected, all users will be required to add a Setup Date/Time for their event.
- Require End Teardown Date/Time - All users will be required to add an End Teardown Date/Time when this is selected.
- Begin Setup Buffer (minutes) - Here, you can add a preset-buffer based on the event start time. This works well if you want to default the setup time to specific minutes prior to the event start time.
- End Teardown Buffer (minutes) - You can also add a preset-buffer based on event end time. This works well if you want to default the tear-down time to specific minutes after the event end time.
- Default Is Public to True when Creating an Event - Select if you want all of your approved events to be marked public and show on your public calendar.
- Allow Non-Admin Users to set the Event Owner to another User - When checked, all non-Admin users can make changes to the event owner.
- Include Quick Reservations On Internal Calendars - You can add an event quickly by selecting "Quick Event Create" and it will be included on your internal calendar when you select this setting.
- Allow Work Orders to be created from Events - If you are a bundled user, using the Event Scheduler and Work Order & Asset Management, this setting allows users to add a work order within the event creation process. Go HERE to learn more.
- A recurring event must be re-submitted if an occurrence is deleted/canceled - If you'd like an event to be re-submitted for approval if any occurrence is deleted or canceled, select this option.
- Enable Event Registration Feature - This box must be checked, if you want to enable the event registration feature.
- Force Event to go back through APPROVAL process if Registration Form is changed after Event has been approved - By checking this box, all events with a registration will revert to a draft status if a different form template is selected within the registration tab of the event.
- Don't allow Events to be Created with an Event Start Time sooner than X days in the future -This setting prevents users from creating an event that is less than a certain number of days before the Event Start Date/Time (e.g. no events created within 3 days). For additional information, click HERE.
- Don't Allow Events to be Updated x Hours Prior to the Event Start Time - If you want to prevent last minute changes to events, select this setting. When this setting is selected, additional options will be available. You can choose the number of hours prior to the start time to begin preventing the event updates/changes. You also have the option to restrict Admins from making changes X hours prior to the event. NOTE: This applies to each occurrence within the event, not just the first occurrence.
Please sign in to leave a comment.