If you are using the eSPACE Work Order Management module and the Asset and Inventory Management add-on, you can now scan barcodes, using the mobile app (eSPACE Facility Management).
On the Work Order Management dashboard, there is a Scan button, located on the top of the screen, highlighted in orange. This allows users to scan barcodes to search for equipment or inventory items that have already been added within your organization OR add them as new.
When the Scan button is selected, this is the current workflow:
- The camera is enabled to scan a barcode
- When the barcode is found and scanned, there is an attempt to look up the barcode identifier in the user's account.
- If the barcode is not found, the user will have the option to Add New Equipment or Add New Inventory Item.
When selecting Add New Equipment, you will complete the form (Equipment Name, Service Category, Description, Location, etc.) and SAVE. You will then have the ability to Edit Equipment, Add New Work Order or Add to an existing Work Order.
If you select Add New Inventory Item, you will complete the form (Inventory Name, Item Type, Description, Location, etc.) and SAVE. You will then have the ability to Adjust Inventory (so that it is included in Current Inventory) and/or Add to an existing Work Order.
- If the barcode is found, the search result will be displayed with options based on if it is an equipment or inventory item (as shown above in the attachments).
- If more than one match is found, a list of items will be provided so that the user can choose a specific item.
When adding a new work order or editing a work order, users have the ability to select Scan to add a new item on the mobile app. Take the following steps:
- Within the work order, go to the Costs/Items page
- Select the add new button (+), located on the top right of the screen which takes you to the Add New Item page (see attached below)
- Select the Cost Type (Equipment, Inventory or Misc/Other) and the orange Scan button will be displayed
- Click on the orange Scan button to enable the camera for scanning a barcode to be looked up.