A LOCATION is used to separate work orders across physical locations. At least ONE LOCATION IS REQUIRED to create a work order.
- If you have a large number of locations, you can separate them out under a "Parent" Location by "Dragging" any Location to another. When you do this, the Location will become a "Child" of the Parent (Parent/Child Hierarchy).
- If you would to customize the name of your "Parent" locations, please do so by using the "Parent Location Label".
To Add/Edit new locations, do the following:
- Go to Settings Basic Locations
NOTE: As an Admin, make sure the permission (Can Add/Edit Locations) is checked or you will not see Locations on the menu.
- Next, click on the blue Add New Location button
- Complete the form as shown below and SAVE. The Location name and Location Code are required fields. (Note: Locations in eSPACE are considered campuses.)
- You can also associate Departments and/or Service Categories to the Location!
Clicking on locations allows you to see all your Locations across your organization.
NOTE: The Loc-Code will be used to show the locations on the Calendar and Dashboard.
Assigning/Editing Locations for Users
- Go to SETTINGSBASICUSERS, and click the EDIT USER button. Now at the bottom of each user’s info you will see a LOCATION section.
- Assign the location(s) permissions for the user.
- If an admin should be allow to create locations, please check the “Can Add/Edit Locations”
Assigning Locations to SPACES:
Now that you have locations assigned, you will need to assign all your Spaces to their respective location(s).
Once spaces are assigned to a location, then users with access to that location will see a list of those spaces for that location on a work order request.
When adding EQUIPMENT (under Setting > Basic > Equipment), you can also associate a LOCATION to it in order to keep track of what equipment is located at which campus!