A Location is used to separate work orders across physical locations (aka campuses). They are the foundation of your eSPACE account and all work orders, service categories, equipment, and users permissions are tied to locations.
- Different eSPACE subscription levels allow for a different number of locations to be added. Please see our website for current pricing.
- Once a location is added to the account an admin can go to Settings > Basic > User and edit people's user permissions so they have access to that location and the spaces, equipment, and work orders assigned to it.
- Example: A user with access to the "Main Campus" location will be able to submit work orders for spaces assigned to any location they have access to under their user permissions.
- As for assigning work orders, a user will be able to have a work order assigned to them or "Take It" on their Dashboard if they have access to the same location, service category, and department that is on the work order that also matches what they have access to under their user permissions.
- Each service category that an admin adds to your organization's eSPACE account can either be assigned to all locations or a specific location.
- When an admin adds a piece of equipment that they want to track work orders for they can decide to assign it to a location or not. For equipment that moves from location to location, such as a van or bus, these tend to not be assigned to a location. On the other hand a RTU, vacuum, or screen projector would be assigned to a location.
Locations on Work Orders
- Since locations are a way to parse out user permissions and work orders, users will be able to see the work orders and spaces that are assigned to the same location(s) that they have access to under their user permissions.
- When they view work orders on the calendar they will only see the ones assigned to the same location(s) that they have access to under their user permissions.
- When users create a work order, they will only be able to assign a space to it that is also assigned to a location(s) that the user has access to under their user permissions.
- When users assign a service category to a work order, they will only be able to select one that is assigned to the same location(s) that they have access to under their user permissions.
- If your account has only ONE location then each work order will default to that location.
- If your account has more than one location then each user will be able to choose a location on the work order request before submitting the work order for approval.
To Add/Edit new locations, do the following:
- Admins can go to Settings > Basic > Locations.
- Admins can also give sub-admins the ability to manage locations under each sub-admins user permissions if they enable "Manage Locations".
- Next, click on the blue Add New Location button.
- Complete the form as shown below and SAVE. The Location name and Location Code are required fields.
- Locations in eSPACE are considered campuses and NOT buildings.
- You can also associate Departments and/or Service Categories to the Location!
On the locations page under Settings > Basic you can see all your Locations in your account.
- The Loc-Code will be used to show the locations on the Calendar and Dashboard.
- You can rename locations at any point.
- Before deleting any locations please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to understand how deleting a location will affect your whole account.
Assigning/Editing Locations for Users
- Admins (and sub-admins who have been given permission to manage users) can go to Settings > Basic > Users, and click the edit button in order to manage any users in your eSPACE account. At the bottom of each user’s profile, you will see the Location Permissions section.
- There you can adjust which location(s) the user has access to.
Assigning Locations to Spaces
Now that you have locations added to your account and have given users access, you will need to assign all your Spaces to their respective location(s).
Once spaces are assigned to a location, then users with access to that location will see a list of those spaces for that location on a work order request.
Equipment and Locations
When adding Equipment (under Setting > Basic > Equipment), you can also associate a Location to it in order to keep track of what equipment is located at which campus!