How to Customize Internal Event Requests Requirements in eSPACE
Here are some additional optional settings that you may want to review and consider changing in order to customize the internal event request requirements and approval flow for your organization. They can be found under Settings > Advanced > General > Event Creation.
- All external event requests can also be submitted to the regular approval flow if the managers of the form "Submit Event" instead of "Approve" event when it's in their Event Request section.
- Select this box if you'd like to enable the Pre-Approval process.
This allows the Pre-Approver to get a first look of every event that is submitted
and have the ability to approve or decline it before going through the normal workflow.
- Read more here: Event Creation | Pre-Approval Process
Require Final Approvals
- Check this box if you'd like to enable and require that all approved events get one last look
by a Final Approver, having the ability to approve or delete the event.
- Read more here: Event Creation | Final Approval Settings
Require Approval of Off-Site/Virtual Events
- Select if you want to require an Admin(s) to approve any off-site and virtual events.
A recurring event must be re-submitted if an occurrence is deleted/canceled
- If you'd like an event to be re-submitted for approval if any occurrence is deleted or canceled, select this option.
Require a Category when Creating an Event
- When this box is checked, all users will be required to select a category when they create an event. To learn more about categories: Event Categories | Adding Ministries & Departments to Events.
Require at least one event contact
- When adding an event and selecting this option (see attached), this requires the requester to add at least one contact to the event.
Require # of People when Creating an Event
- For both internal and public Event Requests, you can make "# of People" a required field.
Require Begin Setup Date/Time
- When this is selected, all users will be required to add a Setup Date/Time for their event.
Require End Teardown Date/Time
- All users will be required to add an End Teardown Date/Time when this is selected.
Begin Setup Buffer (minutes)
- Here, you can add a preset-buffer based on the event start time. This works well if you want to default the setup time to specific minutes prior to the event start time.
End Teardown Buffer (minutes)
- You can also add a preset-buffer based on event end time. This works well if you want to default the tear-down time to specific minutes after the event end time.
Default Is Public to True when Creating an Event
- Select if you want all of your approved events to be marked public and show on your public calendar.
- Read these articles to learn about the public calendar options: Public Calendar Settings, Export Your eSPACE Events to Google, Outlook or Apple!, Google Calendar API Integration
Allow Non-Admin Users to set the Event Owner to another User
- When checked, all non-Admin users can make changes to the event owner.
Include Quick Reservations On Internal Calendars
- You can add an event quickly by selecting "Quick Event Create" and it will be included on your internal calendar when you select this setting.
Allow Work Orders to be created from Events (for subscribers with Work Order & Asset Management added)
- If you are a bundled user, using the Event Scheduler and Work Order Management, this setting allows users to add a work order within the event creation process. Read to learn more: Event Scheduler Integration to Work Order & Asset Management: Adding a Work Order within an Event.
Enable Event Registration Feature (For subscribers with Event Registration added)
- This box must be checked, if you want to enable the event registration feature.
- By checking this box, all events with a registration will revert to a draft status if a different form template is selected within the registration tab of the event.
Don't allow Events to be Created with an Event Start Time sooner than X days in the future
- There is also a setting for the public event forms that is configured separately.
This setting only applies to internal events.
- Apply Event Creation restriction X days to the Event Start to the Admins as well (OPTIONAL).
Don't allow Events to be Updated X hours prior to the Event Start Time -(including the next occurrence)
Read here to learn about conflict detection: Managing Conflict Detection for Admins, Sub-admins, Users, Resources & Services