- Public Calendar Feature | Embed Your eSPACE Calendar on your Website
- Public Calendar Feature | Adding Multiple Public Calendars to Your Website
Calendar Labels are a way for admin to add announcements to your organization's internal as well as your external calendar if desired. Where events are designed to reserve a space and/or resource and/or service (unless offsite or virtual), calendar labels are a way to add a banner message at the top of your calendar to announce any piece of information that you need to communicate to your staff as well as your congregation when they view the Public Calednar on your website. Examples of calendar labels include:
- Staff member's time off
- Visiting pastors
- Staff Deadlines
- Staff Reminders
- Church's Anniversary Date
- Whatever you want the message to say!
Calendar Labels are flexible and have settings that you can adjust such as:
- Ability to select one or multiple event categories (ex: Holidays, Birthdays, General Announcements, etc.)
- Ability to make location specific, choosing one or multiple locations
- You can set up the label as recurring
- You can select a specific date or make it continuous
- You can select a specific start and end times
- You can make the label public so that it is displayed on your public calendar
NOTE: *Added labels to the .ics feed when exporting events so you can show on your public calendars if you are exporting your eSPACE events to a Google, Outlook, or Apple calendar.
Adding a Calendar Label
- Click "Calendar Labels" under Settings>Advanced
- Click on "Add New Calendar Labels"
- Name your label, choose one or multiple categories, and select the date.
- Whatever category and text colors you chose for "Categories" associated with the label, the label name will be displayed the same way on the internal and/or public calendar. The text color of that calendar label comes from the first selected category text color as well as the background color.
- You have the option to limit the calendar label to a specific date/time period or make it continuous (over extended days). If you select "Continuous Event", you will be required to enter start and end times.
- Read at the bottom of this article to learn about how to add a calendar label with no times showing.
- You have the ability to limit the calendar label to a specific location or multiple locations and make it public, so that it will show on your Public calendar. Should you choose to have the label show on a different Public calendar than the specific location you chose, you can easily do this by overriding the public location(s), as shown below.
- If you want to make the calendar label recur, you can do so by checking the box, Setup as Recurring? You can simply select any custom date(s).
- Finally, you can add a description, format the text and SAVE!
Edit or Delete a Past Calendar Label
- First, go to Settings > Advanced > Calendar Labels
- Next, click on the blue "Past Calendar Labels".
- Last, you will then be able to see all of your past labels and have the ability to DELETE OR EDIT.
Add Calendar Label with No Times Showing