See this updated article: Multiple Public Calendars
Admins, you can use the Calendar Label feature to post anything you want on any day. No more having to create events just to add an announcement. :-)
Calendar Labels are flexible and have settings that you can adjust such as:
- Ability to select one or multiple event categories (ex: Holidays, Birthdays, General Announcements, etc.)
- Ability to make location specific, choosing one or multiple locations
- You can set up the label as recurring
- You can select a specific date or make it continuous
- You can select a specific start and end times
- You can make the label public so that it is displayed on your public calendar
NOTE: *Added labels to the .ics feed when exporting events so you can show on your public calendars.
ADDING A CALENDAR LABEL
- Click "Calendar Labels" under Settings>Advanced
- Click on "Add New Calendar Labels"
- Name your label, choose one or multiple categories, and select the date.
NOTE: Whatever category and text colors you chose for "Categories" associated with the label, the label name will be displayed the same way on the internal and/or public calendar. The text color of that calendar label comes from the first selected category text color as well as the background color.
- You have the option to limit the calendar label to a specific date/time period or make it continuous (over extended days). If you select "Continuous Event", you will be required to enter start and end times.
- You have the ability to limit the calendar label to a specific location or multiple locations and make it public, so that it will show on your Public calendar. Should you choose to have the label show on a different Public calendar than the specific location you chose, you can easily do this by overriding the public location(s), as shown below.
- If you want to make the calendar label recur, you can do so by checking the box, Setup as Recurring? You can simply select any custom date(s).
- Finally, you can add a description, format the text and SAVE!