Configurations are a great way to assign standard or basic room setup designs to spaces and/or resources. Once they are added, users can see the assigned options for configurations when they click to edit their chosen space or resource on the Setup tab of their event. If there are multiple configuration options, they can choose the one that most meets their needs. In addition, they can also write in the open Notes section to add specific setup notes to customize the setup for their event.
- Only Admins can add and manage configurations.
With Configurations, you can:
- Add unlimited configurations and attach one or multiple images to them
- Select one or multiple items that you want to associate the configuration with. No more having to repeat the same configuration for each schedulable item!
- Add max capacity to configuration based on the space it is associated with
- Select a default configuration for any item that will automatically be displayed on the Setup tab within the event and associated to item
- Expand the configuration to see all of the items associated with it
- Search for any configuration
- Easily edit or delete the configurations
- Associate multiple configurations to an item at one time at the item level
- Run the “New Event Setup Report” and see the default configuration thumbnail image if attached to an item (all users)
Adding Configurations to Your Account & Mass Assigning to Items
To add and manage configurations navigate to Settings > Advanced > Configurations.
Here, you can add a NEW configuration by clicking the blue "Create New Configuration" button, as shown below.
- If you've already added configurations to your items, you will see a list of all your current configurations across your entire organization.
If you want to edit the configuration name or associate more items or images to it, just click the green edit button.
To associate more items to the configuration, click the green edit icon and select the additional items of your choice. In this example, the Configuration Type is "Space" so spaces are showing as options.
To add images to a configuration, click on edit and then “Select files” from your computer, under “Attachments”, as shown below.
You can add more than one image; however, you must select a default thumbnail so the system can show a default image. Currently, .pub (or publisher) files are not valid image files. To show configurations as a thumbnail, these attachments need to be, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png. The recommended image size is less than 232 KB. Anything larger than that will show sideways or will not show at all.
Adding Configurations to Spaces, Resources & Services
Once you add configurations to your account under Settings > Advanced > Configurations, you can easily assign them to items (spaces, resources, services) when editing any space, resource or service.
To get started, go to Settings > Basic > Spaces or Resources or Services, hover over the item you want to edit, click the 3 dots and then choose "Edit" item. Then scroll down and expand the Allowed Configurations section and then click "Add Configurations".
Next, click “Add Configurations” where you can select multiple configurations at one time and SAVE.
When you are adding configurations to spaces (or resources or services), you can choose to make any configuration the default for the space, by clicking the blue "Set Default" button and clicking Save.
After the user chooses a space (or resource or service) with a default configuration, they will see the default configuration automatically appear on the Setup tab of the event next to that chosen space (or resource or service).
When you are adding configurations as options for users to choose from for the spaces that they select on their event request, you have the option to add the "Max Capacity" per space, aka the maximum number of people that can fit in that space based on the configuration chosen.
- For the example below, the space can fit 32 people, based on the configuration and the space size.
- If you are adding max capacities to configurations and then assigning configurations to spaces, you do not need to add a max and min for each space under space settings.
- Continuing with the example above, after a user selects this space on the Items > Space tab, when they get to the Setup tab and click "edit" to select a configuration they will see the max capacity of people that each configuration style can accommodate. So if this event needs to be able to seat 32 people, then the "8 chairs around a rectangular 8foot table" configuration would be a good choice, along with a note for needing 4 of that configuration style.
Selecting Configurations from the Setup Tab on an Event
Now when users are adding spaces, resources and services to their event request in eSPACE, they can go to the Setup tab, click the green edit button next to the item to see all the allowed configuration options for that space (resource or service).
Then the configuration will show on the Setup tab. If images were added when the configurations were first being created, then the image will display with the configuration name.
- The images will print out on the "Event Setup" report for facilities if you enable "Show Attachments" before running the report.
Click on the image to enlarge and view.
Event Setup Report
The configuration thumbnail image will be included in the report as long as you enable "Show Attachments" before running the report.