Related article: When to Add Occurrence vs. New Schedule?
Please read this article when "Number of People" are required under Settings > Advanced > General > Event Creation: Event Scheduler | Number of People Required when using Add New Schedule or Override
If you have a main event, such as a conference, wedding, etc. and would like to add one or multiple schedules for your event that have different start dates, times... you can easily do this!
Adding Schedules to an Event
1. First, go to the "Schedules" tab and then fill out the information under "Add New Schedule".
For each Schedule, you can:
- Enter a Schedule Name (ex: Breakout Sessions)
- Add a Description that best describes your event
- Include the Number of People that will be attending the event
- Add your Date/Time preferences for the event (All Day, Event Start Date/Time, Event End Date/Time, Begin Setup Date/Time, End Teardown Date/Time)
- Set desired Event Recurring Rules for this schedule (optional)
- Decide if you want the schedule to be public or private?
- If marked public, the schedule will show on your public calendar once it is in an approved state and based on your public calendar settings. You can choose to add a public calendar override, public notes and link!
- When adding a schedule, you can choose to have the new schedule copy the items (spaces, resources and services) on the original event.
- When finished filling out the information for the schedule, click "Add Schedule" at the bottom of the page.
Adding or Editing Spaces, Resources, Services on Schedules
2. Once you have added the schedule and if you have un-checked the "Copy Items Included in the Previous Schedule" you can click the blue "Next" button to add your desired items (Spaces, Resources, Services) for the new schedule.
3. To view your schedules and occurrences, go to the Occurrences tab where you will see all of your present and future occurrences for your schedules listed in date order under occurrences.
- In the example below the occurrences are all "Women's Wed Bible Study" and the schedule is "Women's Fall Craft Day". The schedule is also showing as being selected in the drop-down menu at the top right side.
For events with multiple schedules, you can quickly flip between your different schedules by choosing a different schedule in the drop-list in the top right of any event page.
- Whenever schedules are on an event, it's important to make sure you have the right schedule or original event selected in the drop-down menu at the top right-hand side, because that will determine which one you are editing when changing details on the Details tab, Items tab, Setup tab...
You will also be able to identify what Schedule you are on by looking at the Details tab of the event. The Schedule ID is listed right below the Event ID (see below), as well as the schedule name being listed below the event name.
Submit the Event for Approval When Done Editing
4. Once you have finished adding the new schedule(s), be sure to SUBMIT your event for approval!
Viewing the Event & Schedules on the Internal Calendar
On the Internal Calendar, below is how the schedule will appear, with the event name first and then the schedule name following.
- Overriden occurrences will appear similarly.
Event Summary Tab of the Event
Now on the Event Summary page, you will see each Schedule broken out separately.
Viewing Events with Schedules on the Dashboard
When you have an event with schedules associated, you will see this indicated by the calendar icon to the right of the Event ID as shown below on your Dashboard.