Related "Event Notification" Knowledge Base articles:
- Email Notifications for Deleting and Modifying Events
- Notification Preferences in Event Scheduler
- Event Scheduler: Modifying Item Notes on the Setup tab and Notifications
- Canceling an Event, Occurrence, and/or Schedule
You can add a reminder to your event, days or weeks before the start of the event! This is helpful for events that you plan far out in the future and/or need to remind admins, sub-admins and contacts about specific details of the event before the event starts.
- The event must be fully approved in order for the email reminders to be sent out on the appropriate day.
- For eSPACE users to get event reminders they MUST have that notification turned ON in their Profil icon > My Notifications > Notification Preferences.
- For outside contacts, if you want contacts to receive an email when the event is fully approved and also get email reminders X days before the event start date, then navigate to Settings > Advanced > General > Email Notifications and turn on "Send Event Approved Emails to Contact(s)".
Once you have checked your Notification Preferences and/or enabled notifications for contacts, go to the event "Details" page (first page of the event creation process), scroll to the bottom and then expand Optional Settings to see "Event Reminders".
There you can:
- Choose WHO you'd like to remind
- Event Owner = the person who enters the event in eSPACE unless ownership is transferred to another user
- Admins = all admins in your eSPACE account
- Sub-admins = all sub-admins in your eSPACE account
- Event Contacts = whoever you set on the Contacts tab of an event, including non-eSPACE users
- Choose the number of days before the event that you would like the reminder sent, and ...
- You can also add reminder notes!
- The ability to add reminder notes will be displayed, once you select the users you want to remind.
When Email Reminders Are Sent Out
All email notifications for Event Reminders will be emailed at 3AM EDT, 2AM CST...
- Therefore all email reminders on events must be scheduled to be sent out starting the following day from "today". If you enter in a number of days for the event reminder to come that equates to "today", no reminder will be sent out since "today" is already past the 3AM EDT, 2AM CST... threshold.
Viewing Email Reminders
You can view all email reminders by checking them in your left-side menu bar under Reminders. When a new email reminder is sent out, when you will also receive a pop up reminder on your dashboard.
- Reminders in your left side menu will show with a number of the total number of un-read event reminders.
Confirming Email Reminders Were Sent