For all user levels, there are several different calendar views where you can view all internal and public events. Admins can choose to modify the internal calendar views for all users by either allowing or not allowing the internal calendar views to show event requests, location codes (abbreviations), national holidays and more. These settings are found under Settings > Advanced > General > Display Features: Display Features | Customizable Options For Internal Calendar
- All users in their own eSPACE account can adjust what internal calendar they are navigated to when they click on the Calendar icon in their left side menu bar. Read more below.
- If admins on the account are using the Public Calender feature, only events marked "Public" on the main Details tab will appear there, whereas ALL events will appear on the internal calendar views. Learn more: Public Calendar Feature | Embed Your eSPACE Calendar on your Website
Setting a Default Calendar View
To set your personal Default View, go to the person icon in the top right corner and then choose Profile
Once on your Profile page, scroll down to Default View and choose the one you want
Internal Calendar Views
Go to the left navigation bar, then click Calendar (or the plus sign to the right)
The following are your views you can choose:
- Daily - Day view of all of your events
- Weekly - This is a week's view of your events
- Two Weeks - This is a two-week view of your events
- Monthly - A view of your events for the month
- Agenda - This allows you to see one week at a time, beginning with current day
- Condensed - This is good for printing your calendar and only showing the time and event name
Menu Options on the Calendar Views
All the calendar views have the following options at the top right, however specific drop-down menu options for each may differ based on the calendar view chosen.
1.Actions - Like Add Event, Add Calendar Label, Print (available on some calendar views), Export and Collapse
2.Daily & Weekly Item Schedulers - Daily Spaces, Daily Resources, Daily Services, Weekly Spaces, Weekly Resources, Weekly Services views
3.Calendars - Like Day, Week, Two-week, Month, Agenda, and Condensed
4.Hide Hover Details - You can easily suppress the hover details on the internal calendar so that they do not get in the way when viewing the internal calendar!
Simply go to the top right side of the internal calendar to select this new setting.
- To reverse this setting, go back to the top right side of the internal calendar and select the following:
- Yellow events are pending the regular layer of approval ("Requires Administrative Approval" and "Requires Sub-admin Approval"). These will only display for ALL users if admins have that setting enabled under Settings>Advanced>General>Event Creation.
- If your account also has pre-approval enabled, then events that have not been pre-approved yet will be yellow with a tag that says pending pre-approval.
- Green events are ones that have gone through the regular layer of approval. If your account has final approval also enabled, then they will be green with a tag that says "Pending Final Approval" until they are also final approved.
- Gray events are ones that were submitted for approval and then re-edited and need to be re-submitted for approval.
- White and crossed-out events are canceled events and will only show if admins have that setting enabled under Settings>Advanced>General>Display Features.
Make sure to filter by things like Approval Areas, Event Categories, spaces....if you need help finding certain types of events.
Simply click the blue button and a new window will open, where you can select your filter options (see below).
- When you filter the calendar, it will persist to the filtered view until you choose Clear Filter
Viewing Events Based on Spaces, Resources, Services Booked
You can also view events based on the spaces, resources or services booked on the event with the various Item Schedulers views under Calendar on the left navigation bar.
- Example of what the Daily Space Calendar view
Under Calendar > Item Scheduler choose any of the following:
- Daily Spaces - A view of all events for the Day that are associated with your Spaces
- Daily Resources - A view of all events for the Day that are associated with your Resources
- Daily Services - A view of all events for the Day that are associated with your Services
- Weekly Spaces - A view of all events for the Week that are associated with your Spaces
- Weekly Resources - A view of all events for the Week that are associated with your Resources
- Weekly Services - A view of all events for the Week that are associated with your Services