Admins have the ability to set up allowable “Availability Schedules” that can then be assigned to your facility, location(s), and/or any items (Spaces, Resources, Services). For example, you may want to create availability schedules for the following:
- Normal Business Hours of Operation
- School Hours of Operation (if applicable)
- Weekends Only
NOTE: Admins have the ability to override schedules! When adding an event, the system looks at the Availability Schedule, based on the following order:
To get started with this feature, an Admin will need to go to Settings>Advanced>Availability, then select Schedules.
Creating a New Availability Schedule
- Click on “Schedules” then “Create New Availability Schedule”.
- Next, add the schedule name and any notes.
- Continue on by setting up your desired schedule and SAVE!
NOTE: To add multiple schedules, just repeat the above steps. You can edit or delete any schedule. To edit a schedule, click the green ”Edit” button, make your changes and SAVE. To delete a schedule, click on the red “Delete” button and Save.
- Now that you’ve added all of your allowable Schedules, go to Settings>Advanced>General where you will see the option to select a default schedule from a drop-down menu for your facility.
NOTE: This is an optional field; however, if a schedule is not selected then the allowable event times will start with your open time and no closing time!
- When you select your desired schedule, the schedule will pre-populate. Be sure to SAVE!
NOTE: Once that the schedule has been added and saved, users will only be able to schedule events within these time frames. If they try to schedule outside of this time frame, they will see the following and not be able to schedule the item(s). However, any Admin has the right to override this function!
If you click on the red icon showing no availability, you will be able to see the reason why the item cannot be scheduled.
Adding an Availability Schedule to a Specific Location:
- Go to Settings>Basic>Locations and click on the edit button to the right of your desired location.
- Select your desired Schedule and SAVE!
NOTE: Once the schedule has been added and saved for the location, users will only be able to schedule events within these time frames. If they try to schedule outside of this time frame, they will see the following and not be able to schedule the item(s). However, any Admin has the right to override this function!
Adding an Availability Schedule to an Item(s), being Spaces, Resources, and Services:
- Go to Settings>Basic and then select Item, and click on the Edit button to add a specific Availability Schedule and SAVE.
NOTE: If you add and associate a default Availability Schedule for your organization within Settings>Advanced>General, this will trump all other availability schedules that are added for items (Spaces, Resources, Services). This is intentional as we did not want an inferior schedule (item availability schedule) to go outside of the time frame of the main ministry schedule.
Admins can edit a schedule for any item(s) if the change is within the default organization's schedule time frames. Simply click the blue “Edit” button, as shown in the image above, make your changes, and SAVE.
NOTE: Learn more about Availability Schedule | Visibility and Reporting