Adding INFOSPACE to your eSPACE Subscription
When you add INFOSPACE to your eSPACE subscription, you will be able to create and display different events on the Tv’s, iPads, tablets, other internet-connected devices in your building
- After you add INFOSPACE to your eSPACE subscription, please email support, so they can turn on the integration on the back end
- Once support configures your eSPACE account for INFOSPACE on the back-end, you will be able to access it by clicking on “My Modules” at the top right-hand side of your eSPACE account and selecting FACILITeSPACE from the drop-down menu. INFOSPACE is one of the integrations that FACILITeSPACE houses in eSPACE.
NOTE: eSPACE does not provide any hardware options at this time for your digital displays or room signage
From a technical standpoint, our digital signage will work with any device that is WIFI capable and/or able to receive/be pointed to a specific URL. Therefore, if you are wondering about what equipment to purchase, just make sure it can access a URL/web address and that the browser is kept up to date.
- Any "smart" TV that has a network connection with a built-in up to date browser will work. Once you step through the set-up steps below, you will need to link your "smart" TV to the generated URL.
- A wireless display adapter such as one by Microsoft (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/accessories/wireless-display-adapter)
- An iPad or other tablets with a valid WiFi connection. Together with a wall-mount works great for room signage.
- We suggest reviewing all steps for setting up your displays prior to selecting your hardware
Steps for Setting up a Display Types
- To get started make sure you are in the FACILITeSPACE module of eSPACE.
- On the left side menu click Digital Signage and choose Displays.
- To add a new display, click "Add New Display" button.
- Next, choose one of the several options for the Display Type.
- To see an example of all the different display options and what you can edit and customize on each of them, please check out: INFOSPACE Display Options
- Here you can also choose a Display Name and Display Title that will appear on the display with the events.
Different Display Types Have Different Options
- Depending on the display type that you choose, you will have different options on how to can edit or customize the display option. This is because different display types are meant for different applications.
- The most commonly used ones are “List” and “Slides” since they can be used to display events for certain spaces during a specified time range. (events will appear in the order of start time for each day included in the date range)
- With either of these, you can also choose to include Announcements (one of the other display types that you can create in INFOSPACE).
Display Event Date Range
- The “List” and “Slide” options are designed for you to be able to choose a time and date range of events that you want to display.
Date & Time on Display
- All display options give you the ability to include or not include the date, time or both to be displayed with the event. If included, that info will display in the top right-hand side of the display.
Font Style and Size
- All display options give you the ability to choose from a list of font styles and sizes. You can also select a different font color and adjust the spacing around the text.
- All of the different display types can have a custom background of your choosing uploaded. In order to choose a custom background (picture or moving background) they must be first uploaded to the File Library in INFOSPACE.
Hide Event Spaces
- For all the display options, you can choose to hide the space info on the event so they will not display.
- Under this option you can choose how often you want the display to refresh (resync with eSPACE to pick up changes in the schedule), how often you want the display to linger on each page/slide, and put in a custom message for when they are no events to display for that day.
Location or Category Filtering
- These options are available for all the display types, except for the Announcement option. For the other display options, these filtering options allow you to filter events by your locations (which are considered campuses in eSPACE) and your Event Categories.
- For the “List” and “Slide” options you can still use these in combination with the spaces, which gives you the option to do things like: display events only for the main campus (location) under the Youth Ministry (event category) for just the Youth Gathering Room (space).
- Not all the display types are created for the same application, so they do not all have the same options. The “List” and “Slide” are designed for the purpose of being able to filter by the spaces in eSPACE.
- This allows you to be able to filter the events so that the TV mounted above the children’s check-in desk only displays the events happening in the children’s rooms.
- This also gives you the ability to filter the events on a display by the chapel so the TV mounted inside the chapel foyer only shows the up coming events for the chapel.
- If you do not select any spaces on the “List” or “Slide” options display, then no events will show. Therefore, you must select one, all or some of the spaces that you want to show events for.
- At the bottom of the display features you have choose to to display events once they have ended or include announcements (which is a different display type that you must create in INFOSPACE).
- After you are finished setting it up, click Save and the eSPACE will generate a URL for you to use for your TV, tablets, iPad.. So that it can display the display types with the events that you just designed.
- To preview your newly created display, click “LAUNCH”. It will then open a new screen so you can preview the display. Press F11 to go into FULL SCREEN MODE.