The eSPACE and MinistryPlatform integration has been simplified in the following manner:
- eSPACE will be the only system making API calls. MinistryPlatform will not make any API calls to eSPACE, nor will it invoke any eSPACE web hooks.
- eSPACE will create or update records in MinistryPlatform for events for the purpose of keeping the church's website calendar and MinistryPlatform event registrations up-to-date (assuming the event registrations are public).
- eSPACE will only update the following event information in MinistryPlatform that includes Name, Dates/Times (including start, end, setup and tear-down), Spaces (called "Rooms" in MinistryPlatform), Congregation, and All other fields required by MinistryPlatform.
Churches that use MinistryPlatform and wish to keep their event planning deeply integrated with their MinistryPlatform data should not use event scheduling in eSPACE. Those that don’t require the deep integration and wish to use the more advanced event scheduling and facilities management functionality of eSPACE can migrate their events to eSPACE, but only the event information related to the event types listed above will be synced back into MinistryPlatform.
For MinistryPlatform churches that wish to begin using eSPACE, a one-time process will be run to import events from MinistryPlatform into eSPACE.
Event Import Process
The import process is designed for MinistryPlatform churches that have events in MinistryPlatform and want to do one of the following:
- Migrate all of their events from MinistryPlatform to eSPACE and not have any integration where event updates in eSPACE are pushed back into MinistryPlatform.
- Migrate all of their events from MinistryPlatform to eSPACE and establish an integration where events that are updated in eSPACE can be manually synched back into MinistryPlatform.
NOTE: If you are interested in having your data imported to eSPACE, please reach out to Support by going to the top right of your dashboard and selecting Support from the Help drop-down menu.
Please sign in to leave a comment.