The event from eSPACE to MinistryPlatform integration works in the following manner:
- eSPACE is the only system that makes API calls. MinistryPlatform will not make any API calls to eSPACE, nor will it invoke any eSPACE web hooks.
- eSPACE creates or updates records in MinistryPlatform for events for the purpose of keeping the church's website calendar and MinistryPlatform event registrations up-to-date (assuming the event registrations are public).
- eSPACE only updates the following event information in MinistryPlatform that includes Name, Dates/Times (including start, end, setup and tear-down), Spaces (called "Rooms" in MinistryPlatform), Congregation, and All other fields required by MinistryPlatform.
Churches that use MinistryPlatform and wish to keep their event planning deeply integrated with their MinistryPlatform data should not use event scheduling in eSPACE.
Those that don’t require the deep integration and wish to use the more advanced event scheduling and facilities management functionality of eSPACE can migrate all their existing events to eSPACE (1 time), and then set up their eSPACE account to sync new events to MinistryPlatform, however, only the event types listed above will be synced back into MinistryPlatform (read the related article above for more details).
- Spaces: In order to connect the two accounts, all spaces in eSPACE must first only be synced over from MinistryPlatform.
- Additional fields: There will be additional fields required on all events in order for them to be able to sync over to MinistryPlatform.
- Syncing is Manual: After the event is approved in eSPACE, then you will be able to go to the Occurrence tab on the event and click the button to sync all occurrences to MinistryPlatform.
- Read this article for more details: eSPACE to MinistryPlatform Integration: Getting Started and Things to Know
For MinistryPlatform churches that wish to begin using eSPACE, a one-time process will be run to import events from MinistryPlatform into eSPACE.
Event Import Process
The import process is designed for MinistryPlatform churches that have events in MinistryPlatform and want to do one of the following:
- Migrate all of their events from MinistryPlatform to eSPACE and not have any integration where event updates in eSPACE are pushed back into MinistryPlatform.
- Migrate all of their events from MinistryPlatform to eSPACE and establish an integration where events that are updated in eSPACE can be manually synched back into MinistryPlatform.
NOTE: If you are interested in having your data imported to eSPACE, please reach out to Support by going to the top right of your dashboard and selecting Support from the Help drop-down menu.