If you need to print barcode labels and you cannot print them yourself, here is some information that may be helpful:
- Listed below are a few links for barcode printers that you may want to consider (though we have no experience with these establishments, so we are not necessarily recommending them). They are:
- Labels can be of any size or material, as long as the barcode is clearly legible for a typical barcode scanner.
- The barcode value can be anything, as long as they are unique across all of your equipment AND each inventory item.
- IDs should not be any longer than 128 characters.
- To help make IDs unique across both equipment and inventory, eSPACE uses a naming convention of Equipment IDs starting with the letter "E" and Inventory items starting with the letter "I".
NOTE: This is a recommendation only and not required when using your own barcodes.
- The barcode scanner built into the eSPACE mobile app supports most barcode formats, and certainly the most popular ones (QR, Code 128 and Code 39).
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!