How to integrate your Pelican thermostats with eSPACE.
Prerequisites: You must complete the following before setting up your thermostats in eSPACE:
Thermostats must be physically installed and connected to the internet.
All of your stats should be online and connected to Pelican gateways. You will need to
make sure you go through the “New Site Setup” after installing your thermostats.
COOLSPACE must be added to your eSPACE subscription (we suggest scheduling a demo before this step).
You must contact email@example.com and have them configure your FACILITeSPACE account for Pelican Wireless specifically.
DISCOVERING & MAPPING THERMOSTATS in FACILITeSPACE
After completing the requirements above, log into your eSPACE account, click on “My Module”, select FACILITeSPACE and follow the steps below. You must be an admin level user in Event Scheduler in order to do this.
1. Log into your eSPACE account, navigate to the FACILITeSPACE module and click HVAC/Pelican Stats.
2. Click “Add New Credentials” on the right-hand side. You will need to enter the the whole URL for your Pelican Wireless Thermostat account, along with a username and password to an admin level Pelican user account.
3. In the pop up box, type in the whole URL for your Pelican site (“sitename”.officeclimatecontrol.net/ ), a password and username of an admin level user.
- This can be yours or another admin account you set up for the integration.
- If you use your login and reset your password down the road, make sure to also update your password in your FACILITeSPACE account otherwise eSPACE will NO longer be able to schedule your thermostats.
4. After saving your credentials, then click on “Start Discovery Process”. You should then see the list of all Pelican thermostats from your Pelican site appear in FACILITeSPACE.
5. Once they load in, click “Edit Spaces” and assign spaces in eSPACE to each Pelican thermostat. (If one thermostat serves more than one space, make sure all the correct spaces are assigned to that same thermostat). The end result should look like this:
6. Then for each thermostat, click “Edit” and then program what you want the default occupied heating and cooling set points to be. You can also program the buttons on the face of the thermostat to be locked or unlocked during the event from eSPACE, as well as program the system (thermostat) mode and fan mode.
7. In that same pop up box is where you can program “Ramp up Minutes”, so that the thermostat will get a schedule that programs it to turn on X minutes before the set up & start time of the event.
8. After waiting about 15 min, you should start to see “external” events/ schedules appear on your Pelican Schedule Dashboard from eSPACE. ALL blue/purple events are from eSPACE, so if these events appear on your Pelican Schedule Dashboard, then the integration is working.
These schedules are in addition to the schedules that are created in Pelican. This way you can still schedule basic office hours or school hours in Pelican and use eSPACE to schedule for special events.
Since eSPACE only pushes schedules with occupied temperatures, make sure to set up a Shared Schedule on your Pelican Dashboard with unoccupied temperatures throughout the day and assign all thermostats to that Shared Schedule. This way if there are no events coming from eSPACE and someone comes into the space and bumps the cooling down or heating up, then their "hold" will only last until the next Shared Schedule unoccupied time. The thermostats will ONLY follow the schedule and temperatures from eSPACE during the event from eSPACE. Once the event is over, the thermostats will revert to the programming inside your Pelican site (this applies to the fan mode, thermostat mode, temperatures..).
9. That’s it! You’re all set up.
Giving Others access to FACILITeSPACE
- For all other users that you want to give access to, in FACILITeSPACE click on Settings/User select a user, expand FACILITeSPACE Permissions and check to "Allow HVAC" and Save.
Overriding HVAC at the Event or Occurrence Level
- For every admin that you give access to FACILITeSPACE, they will then be able to see an additional section on the main Details tab of each event, that will allow them to create an override for the HVAC for that specific event. In that section, they can also override the HVAC off for an event if they want to. (Any ramp time that is added to the thermostats in FACILITeSPACE will turn the air on "X" minutes before the HVAC override on the main Details tab of an event).
- Admins can also go to Event Scheduler > Settings > Basic > Users and edit ANY user's permissions to allow them to set overrides for the HVAC for their events in Event Scheduler.
- Once allowed, those users will see a section on the main Details tab of their events where they can set a specific time that they want the HVAC to turn on and off.
- If an admin needs to override HVAC for one occurrence and not the whole event, click on the Occurrences tab of the event, expand the occurrence that needs editing, click Edit Date/Time and then adjust the HVAC for that one occurrence as needed.
Creating Overrides on the FACILITeSPACE Dashboard
- An admin (or regular user or sub-admins) with access to FACILITeSPACE can also click “Edit HVAC” on any event in order to create a last minute HVAC override for any upcoming events.
- If you see a red triangle icon on an event in the “Status” column on the FACILITeSPACE Dashboard, then it’s warning you that no spaces on that event have been assigned to a thermostat, therefore no HVAC will be scheduled for that event.
For any questions about this integration or troubleshooting schedules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions about the thermostats themselves, connectivity, or programming thermostats based on equipment needs, please email email@example.com.