"I'm not getting my eSPACE notification emails!" They may be suppressed.
This feature will help you see which user emails are suppressed and how you can remove them from the Suppression List.
Some reasons we have encountered for a user's email ending up on the Suppression List are as follows. It's important to note that when eSPACE sends messages that bounce (or are otherwise rejected), our "credibility" as an email sender drops, and that can result in legitimate messages getting treated as junk or spam. So, it is important we avoid sending messages that have a high probability of being rejected.
- Bounces: If an email can’t be delivered, it’s marked as a “bounce,” and the address is suppressed to avoid future failures.
- Blocked: If an organization's IT has blocked notification emails from eSPACE, or if a user inadvertently blocked the welcome email that was sent.
- Spam Reports: If a recipient marks eSPACE messages as spam, our sending address is added to the list to comply with anti-spam laws.
- Invalid Emails: Addresses that are syntactically incorrect get suppressed.
- Account Not Set Up: If the recipient’s email has not been set up yet by the organization's IT, or because a user was created in eSPACE before the email address was created by the organization's IT
Removing email addresses will give eSPACE permission to attempt to send email notifications to that address again. But it will not attempt to send past messages that may have bounced. If the issue has not been resolved with your email service provider, then a bounced message will result in the email address getting re-added to this list.
Go to the left navigation bar > Settings > Advanced > Notifications
Once clicked, you will see the Notifications Page with all notification emails that have been generated from eSPACE to all users.
Click the button Suppressed Emails
From this page, you can click for each email address listed
NOTE: If necessary, you can copy and forward the Reason listed to your IT team. Before you click Remove From Suppression List, be sure to resolve the reason. Otherwise, the email will be back on the Suppression List.
You will also see this feature on the User Page
Go to the left navigation bar > Settings > Basic > Users, then choose to edit a User (one that had a suppressed email), and take note of the following:
- The warning lets you know this user's email notifications are not being sent. Additionally, if you hover over the , you will be shown the Reason the email was suppressed.
- (What does this mean?) provides a more in-depth explanation of Suppressed Emails
- Click and you will quickly remove the user's email address from the list of Suppressed Emails
NOTE: eSPACE will run a check each night against our email provider to update the emails that are suppressed