- The first step is to confirm that your organization has SECURESPACE added to your subscription. An admin with access to the billing page in eSPACE can confirm this or add this if needed.
- When you add SECURESPACE to your subscription, there is a 1-time setup fee and an on going small monthly charge.
- To see our latest pricing, please visit the pricing page on our website: https://www.smartchurchsolutions.com/software/pricing/
- It is your responsibility to confirm and agree to any additional pricing that Omnia may include for their role in this integration.
- Once SECURESPACE is added to your eSPACE subscription, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can initiate the integration for your specific access control company on the back end. After this is done, you will see the your specific door option on your FACILITeSPACE account under Access control in the left side menu (assuming the admin on your organization’s eSPACE account has granted you access to see FACILITeSPACE).
- Once you have access to FACILITeSPACE - SECURESPACE for your specific door company, you can grant other eSPACE users access to FACILITeSPACE -SECURESPACE. To do this click Settings > Users in the FACILITeSPACE on the left navigation menu. Then under each person’s profile > under their FACILITeSPACE Permissions enable access to SECURESPACE for them and click save.
- Link your Omnia account to your eSPACE account by navigating to Access Control > Omnia Access Control and entering in your Omnia credentials. These should be the exact credentials you use to log into your Omnia account.
- Buffer Setup - Here you will setup the buffer minutes to unlock door before an event and lock doors after an event.
- All doors will use the Event Start + Buffer Setup time & Event End + Buffer Setup time to create the lock/unlock schedule. You may alter this by setting individual buffers for a door, setting an override on the event in Event Scheduler or setting an override on the event on the FACILITeSPACE Dashboard.
- After you enter your credentials, click Start Discovery Process so that eSPACE can connect to your Omnia account and import all the door names.
How Doors Get Scheduled
- This integration is designed to allow you to assign spaces in eSPACE to each door in your Omnia account so that as spaces are scheduled on events eSPACE automatically knows which doors to schedule. Therefore, once all the doors load in, assign the spaces to doors that you want to trigger to unlock and relock for events.
- Set Location (if a multi-campus site). If you are using the Location feature inside eSPACE, you will need to set the location for each Door that is discovered. Simple click the “EDIT LOCATION” button to set the appropriate location.
Setting Overrides for Doors on Events
- Beyond doors getting automatically scheduled by events, you can also set an override schedule for the doors on the event in Event Scheduler on the Items/Door tab.
- You can also set an override on the events on the FACILITeSPACE Dashboard. From the dashboard, select “Edit Door Access” to either cut door access OFF or add overrides
- If you need to override the doors for a specific occurrence, go to the Occurrence tab on the event in Event Scheduler, expand the one that you need to edit, then click to edit services, then click on Doors and add the doors that you need. Finally, click “Back to Occurrences” and submit the event for approval.
NOTE: Door access cannot be controlled for events that cross a 24-hour in eSPACE.
NOTE: If you set an override, any buffers you have setup will be ignored.
Immediate Override for Emergencies
In the event there is a organization emergency and you need to lock one, all, or some of your doors, there is a mechanism in place to allow this.
- Under Access Control/Omnia Access Control, you can click the “OVERRIDE” button for any door. You will be presenting with options to lock door, unlock door or revert to schedule.
- Select the override you want to add, and then select a duration. The override will then stay in place for that door until the duration has elapsed. At that time, the door will either go back to any events scheduled or revert back to its normal operation schedule.
- If you wish to override ALL doors, simply click the “OVERRIDE ALL” button at the top of the page. This will set the override to all doors. This is great for an organizational wide lock-down or if you need to quickly unlock all doors.
Preventing Doors from Being Scheduled by Events
- If you have events where you do not want the doors to be automatically scheduled, then in Event Scheduler on the event on the main Detail tab at the bottom, you can toggle on “Turn Off Door Access for this Event”.
Door API Calls
This integration continuously checks every few minutes to see if there is an event to “push” a schedule for. During an event eSPACE pushes continuously every 2 mins for the door to be unlocked. It is a “live push”, so it does not load a certain amount of event schedules into the Omnia doors.
Door Logs in eSPACE
In order to see the doors logs in eSPACE to confirm that eSPACE tried to send the “unlock” and “relock” commands go to FACILITeSPACE/Access Control/Omnia Access Control and click the plus symbol to the left of any door (you may have to sort the logs by time by clicking in the empty space of the “Created On” column).