- The first step is to confirm that your organization has SECURESPACE added to your subscription. An admin with access to the billing page in eSPACE can confirm or add this if needed.
- When you add SECURESPACE to your subscription, there is a 1-time setup fee and an on going subscription charge.
- To see our latest pricing, please visit the pricing page on our website: https://www.smartchurchsolutions.com/software/pricing/
- It is your responsibility to confirm and agree to any additional pricing that Brivo may include for their role in this integration.
- Once SECURESPACE is added to your eSPACE subscription, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can initiate the integration. Only after this is complete will you see the specific door option on your FACILITeSPACE account under Access control in the left side menu (assuming the admin on your organization’s eSPACE account has granted you access to see FACILITeSPACE).
- Once you have access to FACILITeSPACE - SECURESPACE for your specific door company, you may grant other eSPACE users access to FACILITeSPACE -SECURESPACE. To do this click Settings > Users in the FACILITeSPACE on the left navigation menu. Then under each person’s profile within the FACILITeSPACE Permissions you can enable access to SECURESPACE for them and click save.
Contacting Brivo For Integration Information & Activating your Account
- In order to get the information that is needed to actually link eSPACE/FACILITeSPACE/SECURESPACE to your Brivo doors, you will need to obtain information from Brivo to enter into your FACILITeSPACE account. To assist with this request, you may elect to copy and paste the following into an email to your Brivo contact:
- “Hello,We are a Smart Church Solutions/eSPACE customer and we want to integrate our Brivo doors with our eSPACE account. We need a quote for the Brivo API and the form that we need to fill out (as provided by Brivo) so we can send it to BrivoAPI@brivo.com. Then we need to have the Brivo API activated on our Brivo account. Can you please help me with this?Thank you!”
- Once Brivo activates the API on your account, they will send you an email with the API Key. This key is the first part of the information that you will need to copy and paste into the Credential Setup under your FACILITeSPACE/Access Control/Brivo Doors Setup.
- Complete the rest of the information in FACILITeSPACE by creating the API username and password in your Brivo account.
- To do this, you will first need to log into your Brivo account and click on Configuration/Applications Management.
- On the Applications Management tab, you will need to add a name and description under “Create a New Application”. You can name both eSPACE.
- Next, you will need to select “Password” as the Authentication Type.
- Finally, you will need to click the “Create Application” button.
- Once you click on “Create Application”, the information that you need will be generated and added under “Account Owned Applications” section below.
- In order to then copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret from your Brivo account and paste it into your FACILITeSPACE account, you will need to click on the icon under Application Details and then copy it from the pop-up box that appears.
- Next, you can copy the Brivo Access Admin ID info for FACILITeSPACE by clicking on your user profile icon in Brivo, next to where it says Admin ID.
- The last box in FACILITeSPACE, Brivo Access Admin Password, needs to be the same password that you use to log into your Brivo account.
- Click Save in FACILITeSPACE after entering all the info.
Setting Automatic Unlocking & Relocking Buffers
After typing in the credentials for your FACILITeSPACE account to link to your Brivo door account, you may now set up what you want your “Buffers” to be (how far in advance before the event do they want the doors to unlock and how far after the end of an event do they want the doors to relock) and save those settings.
Importing Doors from Brivo into FACILITeSPACE
You are now ready to click “Start Discovery Process”, which will import all of the doors on your Brivo account into FACILITeSPACE.
Assigning Doors to Spaces
Assign the correct spaces in eSPACE to the correct doors in Brivo in FACILITeSPACE. This will allow eSPACE to automatically schedule doors based on the spaces that are reserved on events.
Door API Calls
This integration checks every 2 minutes to see if there is a new schedule to “push to the doors”. It is a “live push”, so it is not limited to a certain amount of event schedules into the Brivo doors.
Door Logs in eSPACE
In order to see the doors logs in eSPACE to confirm that eSPACE tried to send the “unlock” and “relock” commands go to FACILITeSPACE.>Access Control > Brivo Door Setup and click the plus symbol to the left of any door (you may sort the logs by time by clicking in the empty space of the “Created On” column).
Overriding Doors on Events
If you want to manually choose doors and/or manually choose the time that they unlock and relock on an individual event, you can place an override on the main Detail tab of the event or go to the Items > Door tab to do so.
- Door overrides for events are considered event specific so they will not copy over if you copy the event. For security purposes, the doors on copied events should either be automatically selected based on the spaces chosen or a new override should be created on the main Details tab or the Items > Door tab.
- You can also set overrides for doors on events on the FACILITeSPACE dashboard. From the dashboard, select "Edit Door Access" to either turn OFF door access or set an override.
- If you need to override the doors for a specific occurrence on the event, go to the Occurrence tab on an event, expand the one that you need to edit, then click "Edit Services" and switch to the doors tab and add the door override that you need. Finally, click "Back to Occurrecnes" and submit the event for approval.
NOTE: Door access cannot be controlled for events that cross a 24-hour period in eSPACE (where the start date/end date and/or setup date/end date on the Details tab are different dates).
Preventing Doors from Being Scheduled by an Event
- On the main Details tab of an event, you can also "Turn Off Door Access for this Event" and thus NOT have eSPACE unlock and relock the doors for that event.
Immediate Override for Emergencies
In the event there is an organizational emergency and you need to lock one, all or some doors, you can go to the FACILITeSPACE > Access Control > Brivo Door Setup and either click "Override" on individual doors or "Override All" and then choose a status and duration of the override.